File menu incomplete in German localization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug File menu incomplete in German localization

Hi, I've been using Foxit Reader for a while now and I remember I switched the UI to German right after installing the software. Today, I wanted to look at the properties of a file and could not find the related menu entry. When I wanted to give up, it occured to me that maybe I should switch the UI to English again, and there it was, right were I was looking for it: File > Properties. In the German UI, in the place were it should say 'Eigenschaften', there is no text. You can click it alright, and the Properties menu appears, but it takes a lot of luck if you don't know it. To be frank, the German localization does need a bit of polishing; often, the translated texts do not fit on buttons or other menu items. I can share a number of screenshots if that helps. Other than that, I am very happy with Foxit Reader. For now, see that attached screenshot with the File menu in German. Thanks - Hendrik

Click image for larger version

Name:	File menu (German).PNG
Views:	2
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	169936
    Attached Files

Hendrik Achenbach ,Thanks for reporting this issue to us.We have already submitted this situation'File menu incomplete in German localization' to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#QCPHANTOM-14596.I will keep you informed for any updates about it or you may also write back to support@foxitsoftware.com to track its processing status.
    For your current workaround,we suggest you download a multilingual version of Foxit Reader 9.4 from the link below´╝Ü
    http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.exe
    when you install it,please select "German" language in setup wizard to install a native German version of Foxit Reader.

Comment

Working...
    X