Issues saving (overwriting) to google drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues saving (overwriting) to google drive

I am using the latest ver of Foxit Mobile 7.0.0.0329. I open from the cloud, make changes and upload fails when I back out of the document. I open the same document again from the cloud, make changes, click 'Save', I get message 'Saving PDF', then the app crashes stating 'Foxit PDF has stopped'. I can go into 'Tasks', then uploads and see where it is trying to upload but it fails, it says 0.00/236k but never progresses, I click the retry and same thing. I tried 'Save as' over the same name and it will actually create a separate file with the same name. I didn't think that was possible but it's a cloud drive, I guess it's not the same as Windows?

Anyway, my best guess it that the app is having problems overwriting (using Save) a file with the same name. Using "Save As' with the same name works but gives two copies, two different versions, same name, different date/time, kind of useless IMO. Maybe a permissions issue with google drive? TIA

Edit: after doing more reading on this, apparently this behavior by google drive is by design. If anybody from Foxit actually reads this, one solution would be to delete the original and save the new version?

I was trying out Xodo with this same task and it was able to save over the original. The only problem was that it was not that reliable, lacked a separate save button, it would only save when backing out of the document, so I am trying out Foxit.
    Last edited by pssinc; 04-16-2019, 09:00 PM.

OK, I see that this is not a very active board. Can anyone suggest anywhere else I may ask something like this?

Comment

pssinc ,I apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.Firstly,we need to know that do you use our Foxit MobilePDF for iOS or Foxit MobilePDF for Android,and please give us your device model and its OS information?We will further test on our part after receive these requested information for you.
      Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We are using Samsung Tab A tablets. Android 8.1.0

Comment

pssinc Thanks for your response and we apologize for the trouble.This situation you mentioned has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MOBILE-3277. We will keep you updated for any new progress about this issue or you may also write back to [email protected] with this report ID#MOBILE-3277 to track its processing status in future.

Comment

I will check back periodically. Thanks.

Comment

pssinc ,sorry to bother you here again. Regarding the issue you reported in this thread,our QA team still failed to reproduce it by testing in multiple devices on our part.So we need your help to record a video to show us the whole procedures you have done for replicating such issue for our QA team to take a closer look at first,then we will follow your steps strictly to further investigate this issue. Thanks in advance for taking your time to record a video for us.

Comment

I will look into this and get back to you shortly. I will need an app for this?

Comment

pssinc You may choose to use another mobile phone to record the video for us.

Comment

OK, I recorded a video, using an app called "Screen Cam" and sent an email to the provided address. Within the email is a link to the video which is stored on our google drive.

I will wait for your response

Thank You

Comment

pssinc ,Would you please give me the ticket number of your email.Once you have sent mail to [email protected] ,you would received an auto-reply mail with tickert number included in email subject.

Comment

Ticket number is FOXIT #282087

Thanks

Comment

pssinc I have received your video and have already forwarded it to our QA team.I will keep you informed for any new progress about this issue in ticket#282087.

Comment

pssinc ,Regarding the issue"Issues saving (overwriting) to google drive (Report ID#MOBILE-3277)",
                            our QA team have tried to strictly follows the steps in the video you have sent us,it can not be replicated on our part by using our latest version 7.1 of Foxit MobilePDF for Android on our part. So we need your help to update your Foxit MobilePDF for Android to V7.1 from google play store to see if it helps? If the issue still persists on your part in V7.1,please help to try the same steps in another Android OS device to see if you will be able to save to google drive within Foxit MobilePDF for Andriod in other device?

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

The same problem is happening on my devices.

Devices:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T510)
                              Android 9 (Pie)
                              Foxit PDF Reader Mobile, Version 7.2.1.1025
                              Cloud: Google Drive

-----------------------

Moto X Style (XT1572)
                              Android 7(Nougat)
                              Foxit PDF Reader Mobile, Version 7.2.1.1025
                              Cloud: Google Drive

@Lisa_lee, any suggestion?

Note: the failure doesn't happen with dropbox.

Thanks
                              Last edited by ygoramaral; 12-20-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X