why I cannot copy text from a pdf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why I cannot copy text from a pdf ?

That I know the part of the text I need to copy it is not copy right protected.
    Tapping over the text does not select anything.
    I think the question would be can Foxit Mobile copy text ?

Ron Wolpa

Foxit MobilePDF supports to copy text. I think the problem could be related to specific PDF document that you try to copy. Is it possible to provide us the following info so we could further check the problem?
    1) Version number of your Foxit MobilePDF Reader;
    2) OS info;
    3) The PDF document in question for testing purpose;
    4) Where did you try to copy text from a PDF document to? (Copy the text as note or typewriter text on the same page? copy the text to other app?)

Thank you.

Comment

1) Version number of your Foxit MobilePDF Reader; >>>> VERSION 7.1.0.0627
      2) OS info; >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ANDROID OREO 8.1.0
      3) The PDF document in question for testing purpose; >>>>>>> PLEASE FIND .PDF ENCLOSED
      4) Where did you try to copy text from a PDF document to? >>>> TRIED TO TAP & KEEP FINGER ON THE TEXT TO SELECT (EXACTLY AS I DO TO SELECT TEXT ON CHROME)
      SELECTION DOES NOT OCCUR

Copy the text as note or typewriter text on the same page?
      copy the text to other app?) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ?? DON´T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU MEAN ?? I TRIED TO COPY PARTS OF THE TEXT AND PAST ON A GMAIL MESSAGE TO SEND OBS .: I EMPLOY REFLOW TO ENLARGE THE TEXT

Attached Files

Comment

Ron Wolpa

I tried again per your instruction, I can copy the text to gmail message fine. Is it possible to record your operation to reproduce the issue so we could further check with our engineer? Thank you.

Comment

I tried twice to upload files , in 1st place a mpg and 2nd time a mp4 captured from Android screen. Both times got error message : You´re not allowed to upload mpg (or mp4 2nd time).

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Wolpa View Post
            I tried twice to upload files , in 1st place a mpg and 2nd time a mp4 captured from Android screen. Both times got error message : You´re not allowed to upload mpg (or mp4 2nd time).
            Can you email the video to [email protected] if it is less than 10MB or upload it to a cloud storage like OneDrive and share us a link to download the video?

Comment

Working...
            X