bookmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookmarks

I was reading a book and had some bookmarks a while ago, and now I cant seem to be able to make new bookmarks, I can acces the old ones but cant make new, nor disable the old.

Barrel Titor

Sorry for the trouble. Does it happen to any pdf files? Please send us the pdf file in question for internal test.
    May I know your mobile model and its system version, and the version of Foxit mobile Reader you use?

Thanks.

Comment

please provide some suggestion for bookmarks the book and pdf of Foxit mobile Reader

Comment

smithmary01 ,Firstly,please help to install Foxit PDF Reader Mobile for ios/Android from Apple store or google play store as needed,then please refer to this page to know about how to bookmark a page for PDF file in Foxit Mobile application:
        https://help.foxitsoftware.com/manua..._contents.html

Comment

lyndi_wu I noticed that my reply with the info you requested is not there anymore. Something happened? or it was taken down for something?

Comment

Barrel Titor sorry for the trouble. it may caused by some issue of site. Can you please re-send to us for checking? thanks

Comment

amanda_liang Ok no problem.
              Tablet Samsung SM-T28 Android 5.1.1 Foxit Ver. 7.3.0.0424
              I Updated yesterday I think, but my problem turned up since 2 o 3 versions before. I can still see the bookmarks I've made, and go there, but I can't make new ones or delete the old ones. The button is greyed out.
              Here I sent you one of the pdfs that I tried.
              Thanks for the reply.
              Attached Files

Comment

Barrel Titor For attached pdf, it was protected and do not allowed to changed. so that you cannot create new bookmarks and delete olds. Please go to Properties, security and check detailed. thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

amanda_liang Sorry to trouble you again. That was my whole point, it was deleted but in my other post I said "it could be that its protected" BUT, I had several PDFs just like that protectec (included the attached), that before a couple of updates I could make bookmarks. I have in my tablet the bookmarks I made and now I can't do it anymore nor delete the ones I made, so there was a error before? or now? or did I just touched something and didn't notice?
                  something changed.
                  Here I attach a screenshot of the same PDF I send before, with the bookmarks I made some time ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

amanda_liang Hi, I was thinking that I haven't used my phone to read in a while so it would probably be on an older ver. I try to make bookmarks with it and, I could. That is Foxit ver 6.5.0.0930. And as always the PDF is the same, has the same protection, the only difference is that the tablet has a newer ver of foxit.
                    I don't know if this helps, I just had to try to make sure I wasn't crazy. XD

Comment

Barrel Titor do you mean that the pdf able to create/delete bookmarks in version 6.5 of Foxit App but older one cannot? Actually, the latest version 7.3 of Foxit app was released recently, could you please upgrade to latest one and check result?
                      For protected pdf, user who has password or change permission can edit pdf as usual. can you please check how did the pdf protected and how did you open them? apparently, I do not has the permission and cannot change bookmarks.
                      If there are any privacy info, please send them to us by email: [email protected]

Comment

amanda_liang Thank you for the reply.
                        I have Foxit 7.3.0.0424 on the tablet. I don't know if I updated 5 may 2020 or that is the day the version came out on the play store. The thing is that its updated to that version.

I also have Foxit on my phone, but its version 6.5.0.0930.

The PDFs are the same, I didn't make them, and I didn't change anything. But in the tablet I cannot put my bookmarks and in my phone I can.
                        And by that I don't mean the bookmarks that the author of the pdf puts to go to each chapter, I mean the ones I put to remember the pages of key parts I want to remember for later. I don't want to modify the PDF I want to put a mark on a page number, other than writing the page number on a post it.

The thing is I was already able to do that on both my phone and tablet, but since I updated foxit on the tablet, I was no longer able to do it.
                        Again, the pdfs are the same and have the same protection, I don't have permision, because I downloaded it from a forum, so if I had it, you would too.
                        So if you can't make bookmarks, there was an error on older versions that allowed me to do the bookmarks and was fix in later version OR you are supposed to be able to do it, and after the update I no longer can. I don't know what is the case.

Hate to be a pain in the rear, I don't know if I'm making my point across or not of what is my situation is.
                        Again thanks for the reply.

Comment

Barrel Titor Thanks for your clarification. The issue should be caused by old version of Foxit app, and the latest version fixs it. Can you please view, process PDF files in latest version of Foxit app? if you encounter any questions, please feel free to contact us. thanks

Comment

amanda_liang Im getting frustrated here. The problem is NOT in the old version, the problem started after I updated. Here I attach many pictures.
                            The pictures are from the phone, the foxit ver(old), 2 bookmarks I did, the bookmarks menu that shows those bookmarks, and the properties of the pdf.
                            The other pictures are from the tablet the foxit ver(new), the menu of the bookmarks I made before updating (that now I can't delete, nor add new), and the pdf properties (that are the same in both devices, cause its the same pdf).
                            I hope you understand my problem now, if not I'll just forget it.

It doesn't let me attach the pics so here is a link to the album:
                            https://imgur.com/a/IPHzBQj

Comment

Barrel Titor According to your description, A protected pdf file which is not allow to be changed, the bookmark can be modified in old version 6.5 of Foxit MobilePDF, but the latest version 7.3 cannot. Am I understand correctly?
                              If yes, please kindly note that the workround in latest version 7.3 of Foxit MobilePDF is correct, because of the security is "not allowed to change" as your picture shows. There were some issue of recognize protection data for pdf files in old version so that you can change bookmark. Sorry for confused and hope you can understand. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X