Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No WebDAV after latest update to mobile Foxit PDF Reader (now Editor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No WebDAV after latest update to mobile Foxit PDF Reader (now Editor)

After the unannounced update from iOS Foxit PDF Reader to PDF Editor documents previously downloaded from a WebDAV server cannot be accessed any more. The app no longer connects to the server and if I try to newly setup the connection I get an error message (Cloudauth error -106).

I was very happy with Foxit PDF Reader. WebDAV download and synchronization worked perfectly. I do not need an Editor. Especially if it is lacking valuable features!

(Foxit PDF Editor 11.0.1.0527 iPad5,4 iOS14.1)

gms ,We apologize for the trouble. Did you setup the connection by going to "Files"tab>"Add">"WebDav" ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	add.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	183089
    If yes,please hep to provide with us the following information for further analysis:
    1:What kind of server that you tried to add via webdav connection? If it is possible,please help to provide with us the URL link of the server.
    2:Please take a screenshot of the error message for us.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

gms ,Regarding this issue (report ID#MOB-5137),we have received updates from our QA team.
      They mentioned that the reported error message 'Cloudauth error -106' is not actually a pop-up from the Foxit PDF Editor for Mobile itself, it is a message from the cloud server which you tried to connect it with WebDav connection.This issue generally would appear when the network connection on the device is not stable.
      It is recommended that you check the network connection on your iPad firstly to ensure that the network connection is working normally and then try to connect with the WebDAV Connection again to see how it will work?

Comment

Thank you Lisa for your reply!

Before coming to the WebDAV setup let‘s start with the connection that was already setup in the previous version of Foxit PDF Reader. When I open the app and goto Files I can select the Server „autorouter“.
        Last edited by gms; 06-02-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

If I click on the server name I am being asked for the server data (as if it was not saved properly the last time).

Comment

So I enter the data again (now you got the server address) ...

Comment

And I get the error message

Comment

If I try to newly setup the connection like described above by you, the same happens with a different error message.

Comment

Regarding your question about the network connection I tried with different connections (WiFi and GSM/LTE). Same result.

Also it should be mentioned that everything worked perfectly a few days ago with the old Foxit PDF Reader version on the same network connection.

Also I tried a different app and was able to connect to the WebDAV server.

Therefore the problem obviously is on the client side not the server side.

I cannot even access the previously downloaded files (downloaded with the old version)!

Comment

gms ,Thanks for your response.I will pass all of information you mentioned on to our QA team and they will further work on the issue.
                    In addition,may I suggest you choose to delete the webdav connection that you have added before in Foxit PDF Editor Mobile firstly and then try to add a new webdav connection again to see if it helps?

Comment

Lisa_lee Okay, that worked. After fully deleting the previous webdav connection I was able to set up a new connection and download files. Now how can I synchronize those files in order to keep the local files up to date? The synchronize button from the Reader is missing in the Editor.

Comment

gms ,Thanks for letting us that you are able to connect to webdav again. Concerning the situation"The synchronize button from the Reader is missing in the Editor",I am sorry that the synchronize button has been removed in Foxit PDF Editor Mobile V11. However, any changes you make to the PDF file from webdav server in the Foxit PDF Editor Mobile would be automatically saved back to the PDF file on the WebDAV server as long as the file is saved when you close the file.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                          I am sorry that the synchronize button has been removed in Foxit PDF Editor Mobile V11.
                          You are joking, right? The very purpose of a webdav server is the possibility to keep files up to date with synchronization! I do not have writing rights on the webdav server.
                          Without that feature Foxit PDF Editor does not have any value to me!

Why can't you continue to offer the Reader as a separate product? Many users do not need an Editor. You managed to convert a perfect PDF Reader into an imperfect Editor lacking features.

Comment

gms Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the removal of the synchronization function in Foxit PDF Editor Mobile.
                            Concerning the situation you mentioned,I have submitted the suggestion "Hope we could add back the synchronize button in Foxi PDF Editor synchronize files between local devices and cloud" to our product management team their consideration with suggestion ID#MOB-5156.
                            For your current workaround,you have to download PDF file from webdav as your local PDF file firstly , make and save changes in the local PDF file before you could upload the PDF file back to webdav.

Comment

Thank you for looking into that! Would be great to get the synchronization feature back! Otherwise I would have to move on to another product.

The workaround does not work for me. All file updates are made centrally on the webdav server and then distributed to the clients via synchronization. There is only server -> client synchronization, no client -> server synchronization.

Comment

Working...
                              X