Gesture to scroll when using annotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Gesture to scroll when using annotation

Currently if you've enabled any annotation tool like highlighter, you need to disable it to scroll through the page with finger.

1. Adding a gesture like two-finger scroll when any annotation tool is enabled will help to scroll through the page with two fingers even while using highlighter etc., without repeatedly enabling and disabling the annotation tool. Annotate with finger and scroll with two fingers.

2. In case of stylus-enabled devices, the palm rejection feature will address this. The stylus can be used to annotate and finger can be used to scroll. You can also check how Xodo has implemented this.

3. There's also a bug in this regard. When highlighter is enabled, it works only in one page and can't draw in the next page without disabling and enabling it again.

jsmidev, I suspected that you are still using an old version of Foxit application. Currently,the latest version of Foxit PDF Editor Mobile is V11.3.1.
    It already supports using gestures to scroll to other pages when using the annotation tool. With the pencil tool selected, please use two fingers to scroll pages. With other annotation tools, you could scroll page by just swiping lightly with only one finger.
    It also already supports distinguishing between palm touch and stylus pencil input. Please help to update your Foxit PDF Edior to the latest version from google play store or Apple store for getting around the issues that you mentioned.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

In fact I'm using version 11.3.2.0310 on Android and the said feature doesn't work for me in my following use case:

Using the Highlighter in the Drawing category in full screen mode. If the Highlighter is enabled, I'm unable to scroll unless I disable the highlighter. A light swipe just causes the highlighter to draw at the swiped area, and doesn't scroll as mentioned by you.

Also couldn't get the two-finger swipe to work when using the pen tool.

Also it doesn't seem to distinguish between stylus and palm touch. I can still with my finger even if I'm using stylus. Also couldn't find any settings to activate or deactivate this.

Hope you'll support.

Comment

jsmidev

Thanks for your update.When using Highlighter in the Drawing category, we should be able to scroll with two-finger scroll and it works fine on our testing devices.
        Would you mind letting us know the following info so we could escalate it for further investigation?
        1) Your Device Modle info;
        2) OS info of your Android device;
        3) Did it occur to any PDF document or just specifice one?
        4) If possible, would you mind recording the process that shows how you reproduced the issue on your side?

If the info is inconvenient to upload here, you may sign in to help.foxit.com to submit a ticket and Attn: Cherry so I could further follow up.

Comment

I'm sorry. I wasn't using the two-finger swipe correctly, trying to scroll with two fingers apart. It's working with the highlighter enabled. Thank you for that.

Could you also please look into the second and third issues?

The third issue can be reproduced as following:

1. Enable the highlighter and draw on the current page. It will work.
          2. Scroll to the next page without disabling the highlighter and try to draw with the highlighter in the next page. It isn't working.

Comment

Update: Version 11.3.3.0325 has fixed the third issue. Thank you for that!

Now a better stylus support will make it perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              jsmidev, I suspected that you are still using an old version of Foxit application. Currently,the latest version of Foxit PDF Editor Mobile is V11.3.1.
              It already supports using gestures to scroll to other pages when using the annotation tool. With the pencil tool selected, please use two fingers to scroll pages. With other annotation tools, you could scroll page by just swiping lightly with only one finger.
              It also already supports distinguishing between palm touch and stylus pencil input. Please help to update your Foxit PDF Edior to the latest version from google play store or Apple store for getting around the issues that you mentioned.

jsmidev ,
              I am sorry that I didn't do more comprehensive testing about the scroll gesture on Foxit PDF Editor Mobile for Android last time, so I didn't realize that the Highlighter tool under the drawing toolbar also cannot scroll with one finger directly.
              In conclusion´╝î with the Pencil tool or Highlighter tool selected as desired on the Drawing toolbar, you will need to use two-finger for scrolling pages.

In addition, we also noticed that we are unable to use two-fingers for scrolling pages when we have the Eraser tool selected on the Drawing toolbar, this should be a bug in our software which has already been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MOBILE-4831.

Any further questions or concerns, please contact us again at any time.
              Last edited by Lisa_lee; 03-29-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed checking from your end.

Also hope you'll consider better stylus support, palm rejection etc.

Comment

jsmidev , Thanks for your response. Currently, Foxit PDF Editor Mobile could distinguish between palm touch and stylus input at the time when we write in a PDF file with a stylus. That is, our fingers could only perform the operations of turning pages and sliding pages during the time when input with a stylus, and our fingers will not interfere with the stylus inputting since it won't perform any inputting operations.
                  According to the situation that I described above, I think that our Foxit PDF Editor Mobile has already implemented the palm rejection function.
                  If I still didn't fully understand the palm rejection function that your request, please help to elaborate on it, thanks.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

I could post a video of the same here, but it seems that mp4 isn't getting uploaded. Is there any way I can send you the video?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Basically, I can use the SPen and my finger to draw, write etc. at the same time. Means, both are able to input at the same time.

Or is it because it's SPen, not a capacitive stylus? I think both use different technologies for input. See https://www.androidcentral.com/how-d...k-so-damn-well
                    Last edited by jsmidev; 03-31-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

jsmidev ,Thanks for reaching out to us again. I have submitted the new situation "SPen and finger could draw ,write,etc at the same time in PDF file within Foxit PDF Editor Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite" you mentioned to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MOBILE-4835,I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.
                      If our QA further need to get a video from you for investigating the issue ,I will let you know.
                      Last edited by Lisa_lee; 04-02-2022, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Sure. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                          jsmidev ,Thanks for reaching out to us again. I have submitted the new situation "SPen and finger could draw ,write,etc at the same time in PDF file within Foxit PDF Editor Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite" you mentioned to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MOBILE-4835,I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.
                          If our QA further need to get a video from you for investigating the issue ,I will let you know.
                          jsmidev I am glad to inform you that this issue will be fixed in our next major upgrade version 12 of Foxit PDF Editor for Android which is scheduled to be released in June of this year if everything goes as planned. So please help to update your software to version 12 after it is released for getting around the issue.,

Comment

Working...
                          X