Compare function, The file ... is protected, error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Compare function, The file ... is protected, error

I am using PhantomPDF 8.2 on Windows 7. When I try View > Compare, and select a pdf file for 'initial document', I get the message, 'The 'file ... PDF" is protected. Please enter a Permission Password.' The problem is, the file is not protected and there is no password. This happens for any PDF I try to compare, either in the 'initial document' or 'changed document', whether on the Desktop or on a network drive. These files can all be opened without problem normally.

Why? How can I fix this?

Dear OHPRS Tech,

I apologize for the inconvenience.As to this situation you mentioned,please help to send us two PDF files that to be compared and take a screenshot of the message which asked you to enter prermission password,so that we will do a closer testing on our part.
    If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to [email protected] (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

I also get an error when trying to compare two files:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 134901.png
Views:	20
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	185310
      (I do not get a popup asking for permission password).
      These existing files MUST remain unaltered, as they are already final released versions of different revisions.
      I wish it could make a new/temporary file showing the differences.
      I'm on Version: 9.7.5.29616; Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Comment

@SR OHPRS Tech This issue "Unable to compare protected PDF files, got error message's file is protected. It cannot be used for this operation‘“ has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis already with report ID#QCPHANTOM-28602.
        Any updates about this issue, we will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
        X