Unable to deactivate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to deactivate

I sent in a support request 8 days ago but still not response....

I am trying to deactivate my Foxit PhantomPDF Business before I re-install my PC. Whenever I go to the option to deactivate I get the message:
    Deactivation Failed

Please make sure you have an active internet connection.

The update feature works fine so I know my internet connection is ok. Any help would be really appreciated.

Ok... that is really dumb.

I was having a look around the installation directory, and actually while I was able to install the OCR updates I couldn't install the actual software updates, kept giving me a 404 error message.

I clicked on the activation.exe file, and then clicked next, and it asked me to activate the software by entering a username. Used a random username and it said activation successful (bear in mind I have been using PhantomPDF Business with my purchased license key for at least 2 years by this point without activating), now when I go to deactivate it deactivates successfully.

A point for the developers of PhantomPDF....

Make your error messages explicit and not give misinformation. The issue wasn't with my network connection as detailed by the error messages, but because the software wasn't activated.

Comment

@motlive

That's a bit strange here. If the software was not activated, we should not see the "Deactivate" button under "Help" menu. Could you please let us know where did you download the setup package? Also, you could open the software after the installation->go to "Help"->"About Foxit PhantomPDF" to check the version number. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X