Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font added to document header and footer

Hi,
    Phantom 9.4.1 seems to be adding font information to header and footer even though there is no text. This caused a problem with one of our applications. Checked the document before edit, all fonts were listed correctly. Checked document after edit, Helvetica font was added to the document. Checked all actual text in the document, there is no Helvetica font used. The only place I see it referenced is in Organize Header & Footer where it is listed. There is no text in the header or footer of the document.

So hopefully to make this clearer, I have a document that only contains Calibri fonts. If I make any change and save it, the Helvetica font is added to the document somehow.

Comment

I submitted a ticket for this. I found that any PDF I edit will get this font added to it.

Comment

estinson ,I am sorry that I failed to replicate such issue as you said. Would you please to provide with us the following information for further investigation:
        1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows 10x64bit).
        2:One original PDF file that to be edited and the PDF file which has already been modified.
        3:Please help to describe what changes you have made to PDF file and it is better if you could help to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
        Here's the download link:
        http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
        (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)
        4:How to check in the modified PDF file to detect that Helvetica font is added?

If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

I am running Win 10x64 v.1809. I will upload two files, the original and the edited. All I have changed on the edited document was I added some numbers to the phone number at the bottom of the page. If you check the document properties, click fonts, you can see what is listed.
          I just tried to add attachments, but got a not authorized error message. I will email them to you.

Comment

estinson ,This issue"Helvetica font added to document which has been edited with FoxitPhantomPDF" has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-15161.I will keep you informed for any updates about it or you may also write back to us with this report ID#QCPHANTOM-15161 to track its processing status.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Any news on this at all?

Comment

estinson ,I am extremely sorry that our QA team haven't found out the cause of the issue yet. I have just reminded them to continue to work on this issue again. I will keep you informed for any new progress about this issue in future.

Comment

Working...
                  X