Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Foxit PhantomPDF the worst PDF editing software ever???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Is Foxit PhantomPDF the worst PDF editing software ever???

Is Foxit PhantomPDF the worst PDF editing software ever???

I'll list number of bugs I've reported over last few months - nothing fixed yet. Just want some feedback from other users.

Regards

SebUK

Could you please send us the ticket number or report ID of the bugs you mentioned so we could further check and advise? Thank you.

Comment

cherry

The problems I reported over last few months are logged under tickets #247649, #220295 and #220323

Comment

For my part, Foxit PhantomPDF is one of the better ones I use, and I use four or five different ones. To date, I do most of my PDF form development with it. It's quick, gets regular improvements, is not too expensive, and I like it. I develop e-forms which are used within the organisation I work for, and PhantomPDF is one I've come to rely on over the last two-three years. If I was to recommend an affordable PDF editing tool to my organisation's decision-makers and purchasing officers, PhantomPDF would be one of two that I would list.

Yes, there are bugs, but all the software I use has bugs. Some of the bugs from the others haven't been fixed or acknowledged in years. The various bugs in the various software is the one of the reasons why I develop with a number of different software tools, because sometimes I need to work around something. Another reason would be that different software has different UI layout and one may be more easy for a particular kind of work than other.

Bugs can be very frustrating, especially if you need to urgent development work and you are stuck. Often it is not easy to replicate a bug and a user's particular computing environment or use of the software can play a role in that. Over the years, I've learned to be patient in that regard, and to use workarounds when I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Botes View Post
          For my part, Foxit PhantomPDF is one of the better ones I use, and I use four or five different ones. To date, I do most of my PDF form development with it. It's quick, gets regular improvements, is not too expensive, and I like it. I develop e-forms which are used within the organisation I work for, and PhantomPDF is one I've come to rely on over the last two-three years. If I was to recommend an affordable PDF editing tool to my organisation's decision-makers and purchasing officers, PhantomPDF would be one of two that I would list.

Yes, there are bugs, but all the software I use has bugs. Some of the bugs from the others haven't been fixed or acknowledged in years. The various bugs in the various software is the one of the reasons why I develop with a number of different software tools, because sometimes I need to work around something. Another reason would be that different software has different UI layout and one may be more easy for a particular kind of work than other.

Bugs can be very frustrating, especially if you need to urgent development work and you are stuck. Often it is not easy to replicate a bug and a user's particular computing environment or use of the software can play a role in that. Over the years, I've learned to be patient in that regard, and to use workarounds when I need to.
          Thank you for your kind understanding and patience. Although it is not perfect, we always try our best to make our program better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by SebUK View Post
            cherry

The problems I reported over last few months are logged under tickets #247649, #220295 and #220323
            We are very sorry for the inconvenience. The issue of tickets #247649and #220323 will be fixed in the next release 9.5. The case of ticket #220295 has not been addressed yet, our coworker Lyndi has sent a reminder to our developer team, once she gets any update, she will keep you posted, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X