No announcement yet.

Textbox comment box does not save text formatting options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ashvingoel ,The issue you mentioned no longer could be replicated in our latest version 9.5.0.20723 of Foxit Reader on our part. Would you please help to check the detailed version number of our Foxit Reader by clicking on "About Foxit Reader" under the "Help"tab in Foxit Reader? If it is not the V9.5.0.20723,please uninstall it and install the most current one by downloading it from the link below:
    https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/prod...etup_Clean.exe
    If the issue still occur in the new instalaltion,please help to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
    Here's the download link:
    http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
    (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

I tried to attach a gif created by LiceCap, but when posting a reply, I got the message that I am not authorized to create or remove attachments.

Comment

ashvingoel ,I have moved your account into the group which has "post attachments" permission.You could now be able to upload image on our forum now.
        If you still fail to attach it,please help to send it to [email protected] (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

I had this issue in the previous version and can confirm it has been resolved in 9.5.0.20723 .

Comment

Here is the gif created using the LiceCap tool.

Thanks
            Ashvin Click image for larger version

Name:	textbox.gif
Views:	345
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	171433

Comment

ashvingoel

Sorry for the trouble. We cannot reproduce the issue in version9.5, would you please help to make a video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing? You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif.
              Here's the download link:
              http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

I had uploaded the animated gif previously. However, it looks like I can't upload attachments once again.

I has been generated the gif file using the licecap tool and made it available at
                https://ufile.io/98chr3cb

Thanks
                Ashvin

Comment

ashvingoel ,I have already downloaded the gif file you sent and forwarded it to our QA team to do further investigation. Any progress about it,I will keep ou informed.

Comment

ashvingoel ,The situation "Color reverting to the default color within a textbox" also can not be replicated on our QA team computers. So we need your help to send us the following information for further analysis:
                    1:Your OS information(e.g.windows10x64bit).
                    2:Please go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit-> please find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.0\Annotation",please right click on the "Annotation" folder there and select "Export" to export it into .reg format file for us.
                    3:Please right click on the "Annotation" folder and select "delete" to delete it.Then please try to reopen your Foxit Reader to add annotations with textbox tool as usual again to see whether this issue you mentioned in this thread could be replicated or not?

Comment

I stopped Foxit, deleted the Annotation folder from the registry, and then restarted Foxit, and the problem was still there.

Then, I uninstalled Foxit, removed all settings (as suggested during uninstall), removed the entire FoxitSoftware folder from registry, and then reinstalled Foxit, and now the problem is resolved.

Comment

ashvingoel

We're glad that it works for you. Thanks for sharing the info. I've updated it to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-14580 for our engineer's processing reference. Thank you.

Comment

Hi All,

I now downloaded and installed version 9.6 and it seems that all textbox formatting issues are fixed now.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                          X