Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Copy/paste a object? Good luck!

PhantomPDF Standard v9.4.1

Copy/paste objects in PhantomPDF have been hit-and-miss for a long time now. Can't understand how difficult it is to get this basic feature working properly. Using Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V doesn't work most of the time, right click the same. Terrible.

SebUK

Please go to "View"->click on "Text Viewer" button (looks like a paper wearing glasses). If it comes out blank, it contains no text objects. If it contains no text objects, we should use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature in Foxit PhantomPDF Standard Edition/Business Edition to make the text recognizable and copy-able.

If it contains text objects, please let us know the detailed procedure to reproduce the problem and check if it occurs to any PDF document or just specific one. If possible, please provide the PDF in question for testing purpose. Thank you.

Comment

cherry

I meant objects like TextBox or Stamp but I haven't tested on all types of objects. It basically happens on every PDF I edit. I now even created a blank PDF, added TextBox object and tried to copy/paste it. Usually 50% or more attempts it fails to paste the object. I use right-click menu to Copy and then Paste or shortcuts Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. I tested also with a Stamp object.

Comment

It's interesting - my experience is completely different. PhantomPDF is the tool I use most for copy/paste (CTRL-C/CTRL-V) and that is something I do a lot for form development. On the other hand, I've been struggling to copy/paste effectively in another well-known software tool, which I won't mention. I can only think that perhaps the computing environment makes a difference, though why that should be I couldn't say. It is useful to read about others' experience with software, so thanks for this.

Comment

I don't understand (and don't believe for a second) how the computing environment can make any difference to such a basic feature of the software. I use Photoshop, PowerPoint, other apps from Office package and many different software on the same laptop every day. In every software I can just use Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V to copy and paste either text or objects. Every software but PhantomPDF. This is a real pain.

Comment

Originally posted by SebUK View Post
            I don't understand (and don't believe for a second) how the computing environment can make any difference to such a basic feature of the software. I use Photoshop, PowerPoint, other apps from Office package and many different software on the same laptop every day. In every software I can just use Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V to copy and paste either text or objects. Every software but PhantomPDF. This is a real pain.
            I have tested with textbox and stamp tools, which work fine on my side, so to better debug this case, could you please help to answer below questions? Thank you.
            1. Is your pc win 10 64-bit?
            2. Could you please use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
            Here's the download link:
            http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
            (Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

1. Yes, I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.
              2. No need to record a screen I think. I just either open existing PDF document or create a new one. I go to Comment and insert Textbox for example. I add text. I select Textbox, right-click Copy and then right-click Paste in different area in the document. Sometimes it copies the object straight away but usually I need to repeat Paste few more times before the object is copied. And the same happens when using shortcuts Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Comment

Thank you for the info. Sometimes, I am able to reproduce it and sometimes it works fine. I have reported it to our QA and Dev team for further investigation, report id:QCPHANTOM-15484.
                Any update or news, I will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
                X