X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    gravity

Thank you for your reply. Would you please help to make a video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing? You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif
    Here's the download link:
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
    (Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)
    If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
    gravity

Do you have Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN software installed? Would you please help close other programs while running Foxit to see if it helps and open one by one to check which may cause the issue?
    No I do not use VPN software.

gravity

If it happens to a special file, please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.
    This is not specifically file related. I can make 5-6 copy/paste on it and then being unable to do so. All the applications running simulteaneously with Foxit are Firefox, Thunderbird, Powerpoint and the WIndows explorer. The main think,to my opinion is that the Balckboard Collaborate application is running in one of the Firefox tab.

Kind regards,
    C.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    gravity

Do you have Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN software installed? Would you please help close other programs while running Foxit to see if it helps and open one by one to check which may cause the issue?

If it happens to a special file, please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• gravity
    replied
    Hello all,

I also have the same issue using Foxit Reader Version:10.0.1.35811. Sometime I can copy/paste without any trouble and at some point, I am unable to do it either from the keyboard shotcuts nor the right click.
    It is essential to me to get able to get annotation on PDF as I get only online lectures with PDF.
    Thanks a lot for your support on this topic.

Kind regards,

C.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    [email protected]

Thank you for your important information.May I know which version of Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN software did you use previously?

We will download and test it.

Leave a comment:

• justin@cirrussolutions.com
    replied

I have submitted to your issue to our team for further investigation, any updates, I will keep you posted. ID:QCPHANTOM-6847.

We have a user get the same issue but it happens when running Ringcentral at the same time, do you use the program? Would you please help close other programs while running Foxit to see if it helps?

In addition, now the latest version is version10.1, would you please help perform a fresh reinstallation of Foxit to see if it helps?

http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...up_Website.exe

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    I do not run Ring Central. I will try both the new version and shutting down some open programs.

(edit: fyi, the version you posted is the same version I had just recently installed. I performed a clean installation anyway, but this didn't help)

(edit2: well, what do you know. seems there is a conflict with Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN software which runs at startup. closed it and copy/paste works 100%! YAY! it's an odd problem, but not one I can't workaround.)

(edit 3: PIA recently released an update as well. I just installed it and now I can copy/paste with PIA open. formerly they used OpenGL hardware acceleration for their app, but switched to Direct3D 11 in this newest release. maybe that information will help you with troubleshooting for other apps that cause the issue?)
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2020, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Lyndi Wu

I'll attempt to drop here. This is not any specific PDF though. It applies to any PDF.
    I have submitted to your issue to our team for further investigation, any updates, I will keep you posted. ID:QCPHANTOM-6847.

We have a user get the same issue but it happens when running Ringcentral at the same time, do you use the program? Would you please help close other programs while running Foxit to see if it helps?

In addition, now the latest version is version10.1, would you please help perform a fresh reinstallation of Foxit to see if it helps?

http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...up_Website.exe

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

replied
    Lyndi Wu

​​​​​​​I'll attempt to drop here. This is not any specific PDF though. It applies to any PDF.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    [email protected]

Sorry, we still cannot reproduce the issue, would you please help send us the pdf file which can reproduce the issue and the video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing?

Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Was any progress made or a fix found for this? I'm experiencing the same issue. I first noticed it with the latest version of 9, so I upgraded to 10, and it's still doing it. When I try to copy form fields at all, even into the same PDF, it'll work for a while until it stops working. For me, once it stops, it requires an uninstall/reinstall to fix.

I believe this happens if you try to undo a change to one of the copied form fields. It seems that that has happened to me twice now. I can't 100% confirm that is the case yet, but maybe this will help.

Current version 10.0.1.35811

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    chrisdealemania

Sorry for the trouble. After carefully test, I cannot produce the issue, would you please help update to version9.7 as the following way to see if it helps?
    1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
    4) Download it from the following link and run it as Admin to install the program.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...Setup_Prom.exe http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...Setup_Prom.exe

If the issue persists, would you please help to make a video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing? You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif
    Here's the download link:
    http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Also, send us the pdf file in question for internal test.

Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• chrisdealemania
    replied
    Hi! Same problem here. Version: 9.5.0.20721
    I experience this problem with no other software whatsoever. I notice that it has something to do with the speed I flip between programmes and Foxit. If I press CTRL+C several times, it works. If I press it only once and quickly switch back to, say, Office, every second or third time it doesn't work. For comparison, never ever had the problem with Adobe. Cheers!
    Also, it doesn't make a difference, whether I use the mouse for right click. Same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    SebUK ,Thanks so much for letting us know the copy/paste feature working status in the latest version of Foxit PhantomPDF v9.5 on your part.We will also further test on the specific computer in which the issue happened there before to see whether the issue really won't happen by using Foxit PhantomPDF v9.5 or not.

Leave a comment:

• SebUK
    replied
    I've just installed the latest version of PhantomPDF Standard,which is 9.5.0.20723 (also, on a brand new Windows 10 PC)

The copy/paste feature works much better than before. I haven't experienced any issues so far.

Leave a comment:

• richell_huang
    replied
    Thank you for the info. Sometimes, I am able to reproduce it and sometimes it works fine. I have reported it to our QA and Dev team for further investigation, report id:QCPHANTOM-15484.
    Any update or news, I will keep you informed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X