Form Push Button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Push Button

I'm trying to use a form Push Button to save a form to a specific network location, but name the file based on a field in the form.

I've been able to get the form to save in the specified location, but I have to hard code the name, rather than using a name derived from the fields.

Is there a way to get that to work?

thebestnicknar ,I am extremely sorry that I am still not very clear about your query. Regarding "hard code the name",do you mean that you need to assign new names for those form fields(Eg:rename the the form field name from "Text Field1" into a specific name)? If so,currently you need to manually rename form field name for each form field one by one manually by doing as follows:
    Select "Select>Select annotation" tool under the "Form"tab,double click on one of fields to open its form field properties dialog box,then you could input the new name you like in the 'Name' field under "General" tab in the opened field properties dialog box there.
    If I didn't understand your query correctly,please help to rephrase it in more details with a PDF form file sample and some illustrated screenshots. If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

No need to apologize. The form that we are trying to create is a request against another document. We'd like to save the a form as a general document, but be able to use it to request changes against many different documents.

So I'd like to be able to press a Push Button, and use the data from "Field 1" as the title of the saved pdf. Is that possible?

Comment

thebestnicknar According to your request,I'll check with our Javascript engineer to see if we could customize action in push button via Javascripts to submit a form to network location and extract the data from "Form field 1" as the document name of the submitted PDF form. I will keep you informed once I get updates from our Javascript engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          I'll check with our Javascript engineer to see if we could customize action in push buttonr.
          Thanks for the fast responses and great customer service.

Comment

thebestnicknar ,Sorry for the delay in responding since we still didn't get the JS demo file from our related department yet.I have double confirmed with one of our Javascript engineers,she said that she still didn't find any Javascript could support to submit a form to network location and extract the data from one field as the document name of the submitted PDF form.

It is better if you could send us one specific PDF form file sample and tell us how you want to submit the PDF form file based on the PDF file sample you send,then I will help you to submit your request with PDF form sample included to our Javascript engineers again to see if there is any solution.

Comment

Working...
            X