Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropped Page Doesn't Print as Expected

Hello,

I have been having trouble printing a PDF that I have cropped.

For example, I have pressed the "print screen" button to capture my desktop in an image. I convert that image to a PDF in Foxit. In my image, I have several windows open on my desktop. I use the "crop" tool to crop to one of the specific windows that I would like to print to a hard copy. Using the print tool, the preview shows the desired results, as though it will print my cropped image. However when I actually print it, the whole desktop image is printed as though I have not cropped it.

Is this a bug, or have I missed a step to properly crop the PDF?

Thanks,
    LS

This issue should be related to Print module. To debug the error, could yo please confirm below information?
    1 Version of Foxit PhantomPDF, which could be found under Help -- About Foxit Phantom PDF.
    2 Are you using Foxit PhantomPDF to print?
    3 Please send us the pdf which you have cropped for internal testing. You could send those information to support@foxitsoftware.com if you do not want to upload the data to this post.
    4 Screenshot to show the settings you've made in Print window.
    5 The printed result file.

Comment

Hello Doris,

I am currently using Version: 9.4.1.16828. However, I am trying to print to a desktop printer rather than printing to a PDF. I will upload necessary files to the email you gave me.

Thanks,
      LS

Comment

Originally posted by LampShade64 View Post
        Hello Doris,

I am currently using Version: 9.4.1.16828. However, I am trying to print to a desktop printer rather than printing to a PDF. I will upload necessary files to the email you gave me.

Thanks,
        LS
        Have you sent the email to support? May we know the ticket number so we could follow it up, thank you.

Comment

Hello Richell,

Copied from my autoresponse email: [FOXIT #273834]

Thanks for your help!
          LS

Comment

LampShade64 ,Our colleague Doris has already responded to your e-mail in which she asked for a short video to show your whole process so that we could check what is wrong during the process?You may choose to use the licecap tool to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
            http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
            (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Comment

Working...
            X