Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF and nonembedded PFB fonts

Hi!

Large company, Oracle databases, still have some reports which are run on Forms 4.5 and they utilize Type 1 fonts (ArialCE) when they are generated into PDF. Fonts are not embedded.
    I have the fonts in .PFB format and installed in Windows 10 machines (same as in Windows 7 and previous versions). I'm attaching the font if you need it.
    In Adobe Acrobat (both Reader and Pro) I needed to copy these fonts to \Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Resource\Font and everything works perfectly.
    Foxit PhantomPDF substitutes this for Foxit Sans MM and of course there is no Eastern Europe diacritical letters.

PFB fonts can be installed in Windows if you have PFM file and I also attach that file too for your usage. (the upload forbids uploading PFB files. I've compressed them into ZIP and uploaded)
    I'm also attaching the PDF file so you can test it.

How to make Foxit use this installed font instead of Foxit Sans MM or how to make substitution map to load these fonts?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Igor

Attached Files

Thank you for reporting it. Without installing the font, the font of the texts is ArialCE on my side, is this the correct display? Attached is the screenshot for your info.
    May I know which version of Foxit PhantomPDF do you use and could you please make a screenshot of how it shows on your side so we can have a comparison? Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi! Thank you for fast response!

I'm attaching the snapshots (page 2 since it has more visible diacritical symbols) from Foxit PhantomPDF, Adobe Acrobat and "About...".
      Font is ArialCE but you cannot write anything in it since its not installed and it will switch auto to Arial (I'm guessing). It just says that its ArialCE but if it were, there wouldn't be symbols like
      È and Æ. instead of those two symbols, letters Č and Ć would stand.
      Attached Files

Comment

ifilko ,According to my testing,you are able to edit those existing texts with "Edit Text" tool in Foxit PhantomPDF with the "ArialCE" as font type retained correctly on our part after having installed the fonts you sent into windows system (C:\Windows\Fonts).However,the symbols Č and Ć really can not be displayed correctly in Foxit PhantomPDF.
        I have submitted the issue" The symbols Č and Ć are displayed as È and Æ in Foxit PhantomPDF" to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-17296,I will keep you informed for any updates about it or you may also write back to support@foxitsoftware.com with this report ID#QCPHANTOM-17296 to track its processing status.

Comment

Thank you.
          Just to make sure, we (Croatians) have 5 characters in lower and upper case. ČčĆćĐ𩹮ž.
          Thank you for raising this to higher level.

Comment

ifilko ,Thanks for your reply.I have added all of those characters you mentioned into the issue that I have reported before(Report ID#QCPHANTOM-17296) .Any new progress about this issue in our internal system,I will keep you posted.

Comment

ifilko ,Regarding the situation you mentioned in this thread,we have got updates from our QA team and Dev team.Those Acral CE fonts in .pfm format you sent are some early fonts created by Adobe company long time ago. These kind of fonts are not supported by Foxit PhantomPDF and some other applications yet(such as Microsoft Office). That is the reason why those ArialCE characters still can not be displayed correctly in Foxit PhantomPDF even you having already installed those fonts in your system (C:\Windows\Fonts). As I have mentioned above those .pfm format fonts are some out-dated fonts,so our product management team don't have plan to make Foxit PhantomPDF to support .pfm format fonts yet.

To make Foxit PhantomPDF to display those Acral CE fonts correctly in Foxit PhantomPDF,we suggest you download related .tff format files for those Acral CE fonts and install them into
              C:\Windows\Fonts. If there is nowhere to find and download the Acral CE fonts in .tff format,you may choose to use Font format conversion tool(such as FontLab Studio) to convert .pfm fomrat fonts into .tff format fonts and then install them into C:\Windows\Fonts.
              However,it must be mentioned that the FontLab Studio editor is a not-free one and also kindly note that Acral CE .pfm format fonts may be some copyright protected fonts.,

Comment

Hi Lisa_lee!
                Have your team tried converting the font to ttf and installing it? did that resolved the issue?
                Even if I convert it to TTF and install it, while opening the PDF, Phantom (File, Properties, Fonts) says the font is Type 1 and no cigar.
                Last edited by ifilko; 05-22-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

ifilko
                  Thanks for your feedback. I've updated it to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-17296. Can you show us a screenshot that shows how the characters are displayed after you installed the converted TTF? Thank you.

Comment

ifilko ,Would you please also send us the converted .tff format fonts? Are you able to input texts with Acral CE fonts in Microsoft word document correctly?

Comment

Attached word document and screenshot so that you can see its correct. and converted font.
                      Phantom still says that the PDF has ArialCE Type A and substitutes font. I'm attaching the image.
                      I'm also again attaching the original PDF file. Best results can be seen on page 2 where it has more diacritic characters.

edit: it says that I'm forbidden to add or remove attachements?!

Comment

ifilko ,Your account has been filtered into the users group which are not able to send attachment on our forum for unknown reason.I have already granted the "send attachments" permission for your account,you should now be able to send screenshot and document to us.
                        In addition,if you still fail to send attachments.Would you please help to email those illustrated screenshots and documents to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

attached. thank you.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ifilko ,Thanks for your sending us the requested files. I have installed the font "arialce.ttf" you sent to windows system:
                            "C:\Windows\Fonts"
                            Then I opened the PDF "saag_13.pdf" to check its document fonts,I found that the newly installed Arical CE this font has already been used to display texts in this PDF file,please refer to document properties window:font.jpg.
                            Those 5 special characters in lower and upper case(ČčĆćĐ𩹮ž)already could be displayed in Foxit PhantomPDF after I having installed the font you sent.
                            However,it must be mentioned that there are still some characters (including the đ character) in this PDF file can not be displayed correctly in Foxit PhantomPDF,please refer to attached screenshot:incorrect.jpg.I will further ask our QA team to check why some characters can not be rendered correctly in Foxit PhantomPDF with Arical CE font already installed and get back to you for any new progress about it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lisa_lee , I've edited the font and fixed the "o" and "d" letters issue. Never in my life I thought I would edit a font. Now it installs correctly at my systems and show letters in decent enough form to be read, searched, edited or printed. Thank you for your assistance, help and patience. I'm attaching the font so that if any other with code page 1250 can have it.
                              I'll put this to mass test (around 5000 users) and give you feedback.

ps. I'm again forbidden to attach

Comment

Working...
                              X