Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phantom PDF to text conversion - plain RTF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom PDF to text conversion - plain RTF?

I suggest that there should be an option to convert PDFs to plain RTF-files, i.e. _no_ MS Word-style text boxes or frames, _no_ headers and _no_ footers. This would mean just page borders, paragraph characteristics, and character properties.

In case this thread has been initialized unnecessarilly, I beg for pardon, but a better topic search engine would also be nice.

Norbert0815

Please open the PDF document then go to "File"->"Save As"->"Browse"->then choose "Save as Type" *.rtf, then save. Please give it a try. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, @Cherry, but I didn't mean to imply that I don't know how to create RTF-Files under Foxit PHANTOM. Unfortunately, the RTF-files Phantom creates are rather of the kind of Word files. And I, for one, would need for special reasons simple RTF-Files without (eg) headers and footers. I've tried all possible variants Phantom offers for RTF-conversion. But I get either text boxes/frames _or_ headers/footers, or the whole of a lot ;-)
      Last edited by Norbert0815; 04-30-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Norbert0815

Thanks for the further update. I've forwarded your comments as suggestion to Foxit internal features tracking system for processing. Suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12665: Convert to plain RTF.
        Also, could you please let us know your user scenario and why you need this feature so our Product Management engineer could better understand your request and see how it is useful in your case? Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, cherry, for taking my suggestion into consideration. I'm aware that Foxit needs to know the merits of my proposal. See, sometimes you have to append text pages to an existing document. I for one am engaged in generating indices in MS Word. It is not only that you have to insert a new section when appendig pages with headers/footers to a document without headers/footers, but the footers go crazy when containing page numbers (they are arbitrarily changed, at least with my Word 2013 version). I know that I can remove headers/footers in Word, but then all the information therein is likewise removed. And with regard to text boxes/frames: they are very clumsily to handle when the text a the bottom exceeds the boundaries (overflow) because of the insertion of index markers.

Comment

First you need to open the PDF file and then follow these steps "File"->"Save As"->"Browse"->then you should choose " Now save as Type" *.rtf, then save. Hope it helped.
            Last edited by Lisa_lee; 05-03-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Norbert0815 ,Thanks for sending us your user scenario regarding this new feature you require. I have already added the user scenario you referred to our Product Management team for their perusal.

Comment

Working...
              X