Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long delay when saving PDF files with annotations, images, highlight, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long delay when saving PDF files with annotations, images, highlight, etc.

I have a 800 page PDF textbook which I have extensively edited. I have highlighted, annotated, and added images to lots of pages. The original PDF size was 50 MB and the current size is 350 MB, so you can imagine how heavily it has been edited. I am currently using PhantomPDF on Windows 10. Whenever I click File → Save, it takes nearly 3-4 minutes for the PDF to save. This 3-4 minutes is regardless of me adding two words, deleting images, or highlighting one line of text, the time is always the same. In the bottom right corner, I always see "deleting invalid objects" before the PDF finally gets saved.

Is there any way to reduce this delay or is the PDF too large?

tabibmadrid

Sorry for the trouble. Would you please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation?
    1. Your system info,like win7 32-bit, if it is windows10, please send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
    2. The version of Foxit PhantomPDF you are using.
    3. Does it happen to any files? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may upload the file to Dropbox and email the download link for the file to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
      tabibmadrid

Sorry for the trouble. Would you please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation?
      1. Your system info,like win7 32-bit, if it is windows10, please send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
      2. The version of Foxit PhantomPDF you are using.
      3. Does it happen to any files? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may upload the file to Dropbox and email the download link for the file to suppo[email protected]. Thank you in advance.
      1. Windows 10 64 Bit [i7 930, 16 gb ddr3 ram, 2 TB drive, etc]
      2. Version 9.0
      3. Happens to only this file due to large file size (340 mb)

Comment

tabibmadrid .You said that the document is 340MB,you will fail to send it to our [email protected] due to the maximum attachment size limitation in our email system.
        Please help to upload it to cloud storage(such as dropbox) and then send us the shared link to [email protected],so that we will download it from the shared link.

Comment

I am having similar issues, has this been resolved?

Comment

Maybe try to save as reduced file size first?

Comment

Originally posted by bhyson View Post
              I am having similar issues, has this been resolved?
              Is the file size large? Could you please help to upload it to cloud storage(such as dropbox) and then send us the shared link to [email protected],so that we will download it from the shared link for further investigation? Thank you.
              BTW, which version of Foxit PhantomoPDF do you use?

Comment

Working...
              X