Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Append to Another PDF Not Appending to Open Files

Hi.
    We receive this message while trying to append to another PDF while we have still opened the existing PDF we want to append from a web site:
    "Could not write to the file. It might be an invalid path, or the file is in use by another application. Do you want to try another file?" Append to Another PDF Not Appending to Open Files

While we do the same action in Adobe Pro, the appending file, appended without any issues into an existing PDF that we had opened...
    The person using Foxit in our company now, have plenty of experience using Adobe Pro and this kind of issues, make him waist time while doing several appendings during the day while processing taxes...

Please help to solve this appending issue in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.
    Last edited by Falcama; 05-17-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Falcama Thanks for the post. Could you please help to check below information with the user as we fail to replicate the issue on our end?
      1 Version number of Foxit PhantomPDF, like 9.5.0. You could find the version details under Help -- About Foxit PhantomPDF.
      2 Version of the operating system.
      3 Version of the browser.

Please try again to replicate the error and confirm
      a. the path/location of the opening file
      b. Is the file opening in other software at the moment? Is it previewed in Windows Explorer?

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
        Falcama Thanks for the post. Could you please help to check below information with the user as we fail to replicate the issue on our end?
        1 Version number of Foxit PhantomPDF, like 9.5.0. You could find the version details under Help -- About Foxit PhantomPDF.
        2 Version of the operating system.
        3 Version of the browser.

Please try again to replicate the error and confirm
        a. the path/location of the opening file
        b. Is the file opening in other software at the moment? Is it previewed in Windows Explorer?

Hi. Doris

Thanks for the response.

We are using:
        Foxit Version: PhantomPDF, like 9.5.0.
        OS Ver: Windows 10
        Browser 1: Internet Explorer 11
        Browser 2: Chrome 74.0.3729
        File Patch: The file (PDF) can be open in the local computer or in the server
        Is the file open: Yes, the file is currently open in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.5.0
        You can replicate the issue very easily, just open a pdf in foxit, and try to append to it a web site (To the file that is already opened).

Oh I also tried to activate this feature to see if it make it work but nothing happened
        "Preferences>Create PDF" and check the "Insert Printed PDF into the previous generated one, except those created by PhantomPDF",
        It didn't helped to solve the issue...

Best regards.
        Jonathan
        Last edited by Falcama; 05-20-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Falcama

Just to further check the details to reproduce the problem: Did you mean open one PDF document in Foxit PhantomPDF, check "Insert Printed PDF into the previous generated one, except those created by PhantomPDF", then open the IE/Chrome browser and print to Foxit PhantomPDF Printer? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
            Falcama

Just to further check the details to reproduce the problem: Did you mean open one PDF document in Foxit PhantomPDF, check "Insert Printed PDF into the previous generated one, except those created by PhantomPDF", then open the IE/Chrome browser and print to Foxit PhantomPDF Printer? Thank you.
            Hi. Cherry

Yes, I mean opening a PDF in Foxit Phantom PDF and while it is open, the user tries to append a web site and the files to save the appended web site is the currently open PDF. That's when the error message pops up!

I already tried enabling the option "Insert Printed PDF into the previous generated one, except those created by PhantomPDF" and nothing changed... We are still not able to append the web site to the already opened PDF (opened in Foxit)…

Best regards.
            Jonathan
            Last edited by Falcama; 05-21-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Falcama

Thanks for the update. I could also reproduce the mentioned problem on my side and have escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-17818. We'll update the processing status here or you may use this ID# to track the processing status when needed. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
                Falcama

Thanks for the update. I could also reproduce the mentioned problem on my side and have escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-17818. We'll update the processing status here or you may use this ID# to track the processing status when needed. Thank you.
                Hi. Cherry

You're welcome Cherry and look forward for the results of your investigation on this issue.

Best regards.
                Jonathan

Comment

Hi. Cherry

Do you have any update?

Best regards.
                  Jonathan

Comment

Falcama

Sorry that the issue has not yet been fixed. I'm sending another reminder to corresponding engineer so it could be processed at higher priority. Thank you again for your kind understanding.

Comment

Falcama

Our engineer would like to know why you need to append to the opened files. Could you please let us know your use case and why you need this operation to be working? Thank you.

Comment

Hi. Cherry

The reason is because it facilitates the job of the user trying to add different pages from different web sites into the same file he is working with.

Best regards.
                        Jonathan

Comment

Falcama

Thanks for your update. I've added your comments to QCPHANTOM-17818 for the engineer's processing reference. Thank you again.

Comment

Falcama

We've changed this bug report as new feature request for further processing. May I know how many users will be needing this new feature to append to open files? We've added this feature to the overall planning list, but I'm afraid that it may not be added in the short term. We'll also keep watching on this request request and add up to Suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12944 if there are more users requesting for this feature so they can be prioritized. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry-test22 View Post
                              Falcama

We've changed this bug report as new feature request for further processing. May I know how many users will be needing this new feature to append to open files? We've added this feature to the overall planning list, but I'm afraid that it may not be added in the short term. We'll also keep watching on this request request and add up to Suggestion ID#PHANTOM-12944 if there are more users requesting for this feature so they can be prioritized. Thank you.
                              Hi. Cherry

Thanks for the response. A rough estimate could be 10 - 12 users plus the existing tester of your product Foxit PhantomPDF.

Best regards.
                              Jonathan Fernandez

Comment

Working...
                              X