PhantomPDF takes a long time to save a file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhantomPDF takes a long time to save a file

When saving a large pdf file, the "Discarding Invalid Objects…" step takes a long time to finish on PhantomPDF. This delay does not occur on the FoxIt PDF reader.

I believe it would be an improvement if this step could be either skipped or disabled when not needed. Due to this issue, it takes me about a minute to save some of the larger files, even if the change in question is something as simple as adding a bookmark. If this option already exists, I would be thankful if someone can tell me where it is, as I've been unable to find it.

Tested on:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 17134)
    Phantom PDF Business 9.2.0.9297.

Test PDF is a 300 MB pdf, linked here.

After adding a single bookmark, the time required to save the file (tested by saving the same file on the same computer) is:
    PhantomPDF: 1 min 36 sec
    FoxIt PDF Reader: 8 sec

mchen96

Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue has been submitted to our team for further investigation, any updates, I will keep you informed. Report ID:QCPHANTOM-19364.

Comment

@lyndi_wu

I have the same problem--specifically: unlike Acrobat or PDF Studio Pro, Foxit Phantom 9.6.0.25114 takes about 30 seconds to save a large PDF (180 MB)

Steps to reproduce the problem:
      1. Upgrade from Foxit Phantom PDF Business (Licensed) 9.5.0.20723 to 9.6.0.25114 on Windows 10 10.0.17763 Build 17763
      2. Open this PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm1v6fd01l...-save.pdf?dl=0
      3. Make a change (e.g., add a bookmark)
      4. save the file (takes about 30 seconds on my i7 PC)

You see acceptable (normal) speeds of about 5 seconds if you try with the following:
      1. Foxit Reader (not Phantom) 9.6.0.25114
      2. Foxit Phantom 9.5.0.20723 (Express or Licensed Business)
      3. Adobe Acrobat Pro X
      4. PDF Studio Pro 2019

So far, I have reproduced this on 3 hosts / computers:
      1. Parallels in Macbook Pro
      2. VM on bhyve
      3. Microsoft Windows Surface Pro 3
      Last edited by mellowyellow; 07-24-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

mellowyellow Sorry for the inconvenience. I have forward your information to QA team for analysis under the same bug ID#QCPHANTOM-19364. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X