Native DWG Support for Outputting PDFs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native DWG Support for Outputting PDFs

I have installed the beta 3D Plugin, to be able to open DWG files in Foxit Phantom. It is able to open DWG files, and I can then save them as PDFs. When converting the drawings to PDF, I would like to be able to to change the plot styles and select specific layout tabs that I would like to convert to PDF. Does that functionality exist in the current plugin, and if so can you tell me where to find it? If it does not, do you know if it will be a part of the plug in when it comes out of beta?

David_Zeeco_2

Sorry, now our 3D plugin is still a beta version that cannot support all 3D files, if you get some issue when open your 3D file in Foxit, would you please send us the pdf file for further investigation?

If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

lyndi_wu The question I have is asking about the capabilities of the 3D Plugin, not reporting an issue with a PDF. I have pasted my comment below. Can you help me find this feature if it currently exists, or if not do you know if that functionality is expected to be in the 3D plugin when it comes out of beta?

When converting the drawings to PDF, I would like to be able to to change the plot styles and select specific layout tabs that I would like to convert to PDF. Does that functionality exist in the current plugin, and if so can you tell me where to find it? If it does not, do you know if it will be a part of the plug in when it comes out of beta?

Comment

Currently, our 3D plugin is still a beta version that cannot support to view all 3D files, and it can not edit the plot styles and specific layout either.
        Would you mind sending us one file sample and describing your requirement in detail so we can forward your request to our PM team for furture evaluation, thank you.

Comment

David_Zeeco_2

Sorry, now our plugin for converting dwg to pdf does not support to change the plot styles and select specific layout tabs, but I will forward you request to our team, they will consider it in future version.
          Would you please help to provide us more details about your request with screenshots which will be helpful?

Comment

The right platform to craft the data in a meaningful message.
            https://ignouproject.com

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
              David_Zeeco_2

Sorry, now our plugin for converting dwg to pdf does not support to change the plot styles and select specific layout tabs, but I will forward you request to our team, they will consider it in future version.
              Would you please help to provide us more details about your request with screenshots which will be helpful?
              Sorry it took a while to get back. Below are the settings that are available for this in Acrobat Pro. These are what we would need for Phantom to meet our needs for the DWG to PDF conversion. Honestly, if Foxit can pull this off, it could be a big thing. So far Acrobat is the only program that can do this that I have managed to find. AutoDesk even specifically recommends Adobe PDFMaker for this need.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...m-AutoCAD.html

Comment

David_Zeeco_2

Sorry it took a while to get back. Below are the settings that are available for this in Acrobat Pro. These are what we would need for Phantom to meet our needs for the DWG to PDF conversion. We need to be able to specify a plot style table in the DWG page setup in AutoCAD, and have a way to direct Phantom to the correct location to find the plot style table. We also need to be able to select specific layouts to print. we also need to be able to direct Phantom to the font directory for AutoCAD, so that it can make the text using those fonts searchable in the PDF it generates.

Honestly, if Foxit can pull this off, it could be a big thing. So far Acrobat is the only program that can do this that I have managed to find. AutoDesk even specifically recommends Adobe PDFMaker for this need.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...m-AutoCAD.html

Comment

David_Zeeco_2

Sorry it took a while to get back. Below are the settings that are available for this in Acrobat Pro. These are what we would need for Phantom to meet our needs for the DWG to PDF conversion. We need to be able to specify a plot style table in the DWG page setup in AutoCAD, and have a way to direct Phantom to the correct location to find the plot style table. We also need to be able to select specific layouts to print. we also need to be able to direct Phantom to the font directory for AutoCAD, so that it can make the text using those fonts searchable in the PDF it generates.

Honestly, if Foxit can pull this off, it could be a big thing. So far Acrobat is the only program that can do this that I have managed to find. AutoDesk even specifically recommends Adobe PDFMaker for this need.

Comment

David_Zeeco_2 ,Thanks for your detailed descriptions to let us know your query clearly.It is really a very useful feature.
                    According to your request,I have submitted the suggestion"Implement a Foxit PDF creator plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD application to change the plot styles and select specific layout tabs,etc" as a new feature request to our product management team's consideration with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-13193.

Comment

Working...
                    X