Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to really prevent outgoing connections despite disabled check-for-update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to really prevent outgoing connections despite disabled check-for-update?

I disabled check-for-updates option in Preferences/Updater section.

So I expect that FoxiT PhantomPDF does NOT initiate outgoing Internet connections.
    However my Firewall still shows such outgoing connections from Foxit PhantomPDF.

I hate transfer of "Telemetry" data to unknown servers in Internet.

As a test I moved FoxitUpdater.exe to another folder. and started FoxiT PhantomPDF ....and voila I got an error prompt:

"FoxitUpdates.exe was not found. Please check if it has been uninstalled or renamed."

Why does FoitPhantomPDF need this prgm if check-for-update is disabled?

How can I avoid such prompts without re-creating FoxitUpdater.exe in the installation directory.

Is there another option I have to disable/switch?

Otherwise FoxIt should fix this security hole and prevent prompt in the next release.
    It has a bad impact on the Trustworthiness

Peter

pstein

Please go to File>Preferences>General> Under "Features which Require Internet Connection", check "Disable all features which require internet connection", then restart the program. Please let us know this option makes the difference. Thank you.

Comment

...seems to work.
      Thank you

What kind of internet connection is established and for what purpose?

Comment

pstein

There are some features need the internet connection, like update, connectedPDF, activation and so on.

Comment

Working...
        X