Automatic Update System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Update System

For our staff, we have a GPO setup that enables everyone to receive automatic updates for PhantomPDF. I was informed of a vulnerability on the version before last and when I went to check to see if any of our staff were still on it, I discovered that almost every single person was. In order for the automatic update to install and be implemented, does every employee have to select the notification that pops up (if they even see it) and tell it to install? Is there a way to just implement the update? It's a common story for staff to not inform us if they have a notification about an update and to ignore it.

NSwart

Sorry, the update need every employee to select the notification that pops up (if they even see it) and tell it to install, cannot implement the update automatically, normally most of our enterprise customer will disable the auto update and deploy the new update directly for all users by IT team, so may I suggest you to try it?

Comment

Will it affect the use if it is not updated in time?

Comment

cfbcamisetasclubes Actually, it will not affect using and most features. Unless the latest version of Foxit fix serious bugs and add new features.

Comment

cfbcamisetasclubes It won't affect the use of the program. It is mainly that if it's not updated and a vulnerability is exposed (which is the case right now) it leaves my staff open to it. There have been several reported vulnerabilities in past foxit versions. It's worth a quick google search if you haven't looked at it.

lyndi_wu I will have to start doing that I guess. I was hoping that this wasn't a flaw in the programming and that I was overlooking something. I don't feel that "automatic updates" should be the appropriate title of the feature if it's not going to install them automatically.

Comment

cfbcamisetasclubes
            You can get the Security bulletins from the below link.
            https://www.foxitsoftware.com/suppor...-bulletins.php

@NSwart

I have forwarded your feedback on the feature Automatically install update to our team, they will consider it, ID: PHANTOM-14290

Comment

Will it affect the use if it is not updated in time? is' a major issue and facing some error.

Comment

smithmary01 ,It won't affect overall use of the program,but it would only affect very specific use cases.

Comment

Working...
                X