Foxit Reader and Phantom show the document differently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader and Phantom show the document differently

I use Foxit Reader for all PDF files, and Phantom to create my own files or to add text fields on scanned documents. Attached is a screenshot of the application I created and opened with both software for comparison. This application was made a long time ago and back then I was hoping applicants would figure out how to sign them on the phone/tablet/computer, but anyway, I gave up and removed all signature fields and never opened it again.. until today. Anyway, this signature field (1 of 4) still remains there when I open the application with Reader, but with Phantom, it's not there. Anyway to understand what's wrong with the file? It doesn't bother me, but I want to delete this signature field

PhantomUser ,We apologize for the trouble.For this situation you mentioned,please help to provide with us the PDF file in question for us to take a closer testing on our part.If it is not convenience to upload the PDF file on forum,please send it to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) and indicated this thread link when you mail to us. The file you send will be kept confidential and only be used for internal testing.
    Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi, I just realized that you have posted here. I removed all other pages from the application including everything else that you won't need. It's a one page file now and still behaves the same way. The version of Phantom I use is 8.2.0.2192. I just noticed on the fields tab (attached) it has signature_0, which returns after I delete it, save file, open file.

If you still need the entire file I will email if you request
      Attached Files

Comment

PhantomUser

Thank you for your pdf file. After carefully test, I found that it is a bug for the old version8, I deleted the signature field in version9, see the attached file, it is working.
        Would you please try version9? You can download it from our website(www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads) and install to get a free 14-day trial.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a serious bug (but not enough to upgrade). Anyway, I was able to remove signature from the full application. But when I try the same steps with the page I uploaded here, it surprisingly doesn't work anymore. (on the signature.png) I found this (1) Digital Signatures tab where I can > (2) Right click and > Go to signature field > (3) which highlights Sign. field. Then I opened fields tab and I was able to delete the signature.

PS. This screenshot was taken in Foxit Reader to show the steps because in Phantom Digital Signatures tab now doesn't even show anything.

Another interesting thing I found, in Phantom I can see the signature filed (on 1 page file) if I activate Show Tab Numbers. However, I can only rename it and nothing else
          Attached Files

Comment

PhantomUser As Lyndi mentioned, the issue was solved in version 9.x of Foxit PhantomPDF, have you upgrade Foxit to latest version 9.7.1 and check result? if you still encounter any question, please let us know and we will report the bug to QA team. thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X