"do you want to save changes before closing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "do you want to save changes before closing"

How do you turn this annoying message off?

brian

Currently there's no way to turn this message off. But it only appears when you make some changes to the PDF document. If there's no change to the PDF document, when we close the document, we'll not see this message. Please let us know why you'd like to turn it off. Thank you.

Comment

If the message is disabled, users may forget to save the changes they made, so it is reasonable to pop-up the message when users make changes without saving.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
        brian

Currently there's no way to turn this message off. But it only appears when you make some changes to the PDF document. If there's no change to the PDF document, when we close the document, we'll not see this message. Please let us know why you'd like to turn it off. Thank you.
        Hi - Id like to be able to turn it off because every time i open a document and then close it, this message comes up. this happens every time i open and close a document even if i only open it view the front cover then close. further i do a lot of group searches i.e. word or phrase search of all the files in the folder. sometimes ill have at least 10 open. when i shut down it asks on every file if i want to save even tho ive not changed anything. so shutting down multiple files individually instead of just shutting down the lot gets tedious. it would be great if i could get rid of this message.

Comment

brian

If you do not change pdf files but only view pdf files, I think it is a bug of our program, the prompt "do you want to save changes before closing" should not happen, I will report the issue to our team for further investigation,since we cannot produce the issue, would you please help provide us with the following info for further investigation?
          1. The version of PhantomPDF you use.
          2. Does it happen to any files? Where is your files? Local or network drive? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.
          3. Would you please help to make a video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing? You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif.
          Here's the download link:
          http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
            brian

If you do not change pdf files but only view pdf files, I think it is a bug of our program, the prompt "do you want to save changes before closing" should not happen, I will report the issue to our team for further investigation,since we cannot produce the issue, would you please help provide us with the following info for further investigation?
            1. The version of PhantomPDF you use.
            2. Does it happen to any files? Where is your files? Local or network drive? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.
            3. Would you please help to make a video that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing? You may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif.
            Here's the download link:
            http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip

(Unzip it, double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Thanks.

version 8.3.5.30351
            happens on both network and local drive
            happens on all files
            its a company network so creating a video might be tricky.

Comment

brian ,Generally, For any PDF file which has been made changes,its file name that appear in the title bar of the Foxit PhantomPDF would have an asterisk after the file name,as shown in the screenshot:asterisk.jpg. Before you try to close a PDF file,please help to check carefully whether the file name is marked with an asterisk in the title bar or not?
              If there is an asterisk,it means that the file has been changed after you opened it, then Foxit PhantomPDF would ask you if you want to save changes to the document when you want to close it.

In addition,we suggest you write to [email protected] to give us your order information(such as order number,activation code,billing email address,etc),so that we will help you to check whether you could use a more higher version or not?Please also indicate this thread link when you email to us.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                brian ,Generally, For any PDF file which has been made changes,its file name that appear in the title bar of the Foxit PhantomPDF would have an asterisk after the file name,as shown in the screenshot:asterisk.jpg. Before you try to close a PDF file,please help to check carefully whether the file name is marked with an asterisk in the title bar or not?
                If there is an asterisk,it means that the file has been changed after you opened it, then Foxit PhantomPDF would ask you if you want to save changes to the document when you want to close it.

In addition,we suggest you write to [email protected] to give us your order information(such as order number,activation code,billing email address,etc),so that we will help you to check whether you could use a more higher version or not?Please also indicate this thread link when you email to us.
                the fact is lisa that I only have to open then scroll a page, close it and it will ask if changes should be saved. I don't do anything to change or alter the doicument. and this is exacerbated when I open a multiple file search - it asks for every document open. very annoying

Comment

brian ,Thanks for your reply.Regarding this situation,please help to install our latest version 10.0.1 of Foxit PhantomPDF on your computer to see whether the same issue you mentioned will also reoccur in the newest version or not? You could download the latest version 10.1 of Foxit PhantomPDF by downloading it from our official download center below:
                  https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Any result,please let us know.

Comment

Working...
                  X