Progress bar doesn't update itself during Foxit PhantomPDF update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress bar doesn't update itself during Foxit PhantomPDF update

When PhantomPDF update is available and I click 'Update now', no progress is shown. The dialog box stays frozen during update. After some time, 'Update has been successfully applied' appears. (Using 10.0.1.35811 Business Ed. on Win10)

sevec

May I know from which version did you try to update to version 10.0.1?

Comment

10.0.0.35798. Tray icon 'Update is ready' appeared.
      The same issue (no progress bar during updates) occurred also during updates of version 9. Only watching disk LED activity revealed that something is happening. So I got used to this behavior.

Comment

sevec ,We apologize for the trouble. Our product management team will redesign and adjust the relevant prompts of update to ensure users can successfully complete the update in upcoming release version (Version 10.1) if all goes according to plan,it will give you a whole new update/upgrade experience.

In V10.1 and higher ,if Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader is already downloading the update/upgrade in background, as long as you click on "Help"tab>"Check for Updates" or click on the Foxit Updater icon from your system tray ,Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader would automatically pop up a window which will show you the update/upgrade downloading status and progress,then you could freely select to stop downloading or select to minimize the pop-up window to system tray and continue downloading the update/upgrade in background.
        Once the downloadiong of update/upgrade is complete, Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader will automatically pop-up a window to ask you to install the dowloaded update/upgrade, you could choose to install it ,not install it or remind you later.

So please help to check for updates within Foxit PhantomPDF in V10.1 after we release a new version which is newer than V10.1 (For example:try to update to V10.2 in V10.1) to see if the new update/upgrade procedures works on your part? If there is still any problem,please contact us again.

Comment

Working...
        X