Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encrypted text fields in adobe reader

Hi all,
    I have an issue regarding text fields in PDFs. While opening with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, everything is fine, texts appear in fields, etc. The problem is while using Adobe Reader - text in any field turns immediately into string of asterisks (*), and it looks like entering the password or sth.
    Could you have any idea, why it happens? And how to fix it?

piotrch Hi, This is Foxit and do you try to open PDF in Foxit and check result? if it has any problem, please send the pdf to us for checking. thanks.

Comment

Yes, I created interactive form with text fields in Foxit (everything works), but then I sent it to my co-workers, who usually use Adobe Reader to open PDFs, and they have constantly this issue.

amanda_liang could you help?
      Last edited by piotrch; 08-28-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

piotrch ,Regarding this issue you mentioned,please help to provide with us the following information for further analysis:
        1:Which version of Foxit PhantomPDF did you use for creating those form fields you mentioned in PDF file? You could click on "Help"tab>"About Foxit PhantomPDF" to check its version number.
        2: Did this issue happen to all PDF form files which are created with Foxit PhantomPDF or just some specific PDF form files?
        3:Please send us one such PDF form file sample for us to take a closer testing on your part. If it is not convenient to upload PDF file on forum,please help to email it to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) and indicate this thread link when you mail to us.
        4:Which version of Adobe Reader do you use?
        Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Lisa_lee below you can find answers:
          1. Version: 9.7.1.29511, Edition Business
          2. This issue happen to all PDF form files, but only in Adobe Reader
          3. As this is confidential corporate document, I cannot attach the original file, but I cleared out all text from first page and left only form fields. See attachment
          4. Version: 2020.012.20043
          Attached Files

Comment

piotrch

Thank you for your file. I filled in the form, and open it in Adobe Reader DC, the content slows correctly. See the attached file.
            Is there anything I miss? Can you send us the form with the content and can reproduce the issue
            Attached Files

Comment

lyndi_wu I attach file with filled content... Could it be because of some individual setting of the file?
              Attached Files

Comment

piotrch ,According to my testing on my computer,when I added some new texts fields in the PDF files you sent in Foxit PhantomPDF,the issue you mentioned would only happen in adobe when I set Calibri as font in text field properties.For your current workaround,please choose to set another font in text field properties for the PDF file you sent for getting around the issue.
                To set a new font for text field,please do as follows:
                Go to "Form"tab in Foxit PhantomPDF>"Text Field",please double click on one of the exiting form fields there to bring up the Text Field Properties window,click on "Appearance" tab where you could set a new font type in the "Font" drop-down menu there.
                In addition,I also noticed that when I added text field with Calibri font selected in other PDF files (not the specific PDF form file you sent),the issue also won't happen in Adobe.
                For example,I created a new blank PDF file in Foxit PhantomPDF by clicking on "File">"Create">"Blank" and use the "Text Field" tool under the "Form"tab in Foxit PhantomPDF to add some new form fields and set Calibri font form form fields,next I opened the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat,the form fields could be filled out correct without any problem.Attached is the PDF form file(test.pdf)for your reference.

In conclusion,the issue only would happen to the specific PDF form file you sent when the Calibri font has been set for form fields there.So we still need to know that how the PDF file "sample_pdf_piotrch.pdf" was created on your part?

Anyway,I have also already submitted the issue to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#QCPHANTOM-25942 ,I will keep you informed for any progress about it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lisa_lee; 09-01-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I've changed font to Helvetica and now it works perfectly. Thanks for help!

Comment

Working...
                  X