Measure tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure tools

Hi all, forgive me if this is in the wrong list.
    I am a former Bluebeam Mac user. Now that Bluebeam decided to stop supporting Mac, I'm looking for something new and Foxit seems to have much of what we need.
    Specifically, I'm looking at the measure tools provided but can't seem to figure a few things out. Yes, I have searched through these forums and the tutorial vids, but they do not address any of these questions, so I'll put them below.
    Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction. I'd love for this to be the new software our team uses.

Measuring:
    The tool does not seem to 'snap' to lines or vertices. Is this a setting I have missed?
    Is there a way to manually enter a dimension and/or add comments? The textbox that opens will not allow edits to the dim.
    Is there a way to shift-drag to measure lines that are at standard degrees (0, 30, 45, 60, 90, etc)? or does that only happen when editing the measurement?
    When I select the point of the measurement to adjust it, the measurement often changes to 0, not to the new measurement. Am I doing something wrong?
    When measuring area/perimeter, is there a way to snap to your own drawing items?

These are some basic markup tools we use to communicate design changes and would easily make Foxit superior to other options out there. And there are lots of us in my industry on Mac who use these tools, and looking for something new.
    Thanks a bunch for your help here. ~t

tbenoit1
    Thanks for switching to use our Foxit software. Do you already install our latest version 4.1 of Foxit PhanotmPDF for MAC?
    If not,please help to install the most current version 4.1 by downloading it from the link below:
    https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/...L10N.Setup.pkg
    Regarding the issues/questions you mentioned,please see my inline comments (marked with A:
    1:The tool does not seem to 'snap' to lines or vertices. Is this a setting I have missed?
    A:To make the measurement tool to snap to points,please select one the tools in the snap group under Format panel on the right side corner. Please refer to attached :snap.jpg.

2:Is there a way to manually enter a dimension and/or add comments? The textbox that opens will not allow edits to the dim.
    A:Yes,we cannot manually edit the contents in the pop-up textbox of measurement. Regarding this situation,I have submitted the suggestion"Support to edit the texts in the pop-up textbox of measurements" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#MACLNX-10139.
    It supports to manually enter label to measurement ,please refer to attached screenshot:label.jpg.

3:Is there a way to shift-drag to measure lines that are at standard degrees (0, 30, 45, 60, 90, etc)? or does that only happen when editing the measurement?
    A:I am sorry that currently there is not any way to shift-drag to measure lines that are at standard degrees yet. Concerning this situation,I have submitted the suggestion "support to
    shift-drag to measure lines that are at standard degrees"as a new feature request with suggestion ID#MACLNX-10140.

4:When I select the point of the measurement to adjust it, the measurement often changes to 0, not to the new measurement. Am I doing something wrong?
    A:I am sorry that I cannot replicate such issue you mentioned on our part. Would you please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process,the mentioned licecap tool could be downloaded from
    the page below:
    https://download.cnet.com/LICEcap/30...-75984664.html
    After you installed the licecap,please open it, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.

5:When measuring area/perimeter, is there a way to snap to your own drawing items?
    A:Please refer to the method that I referred in the first point to turn on the snap points feature for measurement tool,then the area/perimeter will help you to snap your own drawning items.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, and thank you for this detailed response. This certainly helps and I'm looking forward to using it quite a bit in the coming week(s).
      Thanks also for submitting the suggestion tickets. We happen to use those features a bit.
      Please allow me some time to return with the gif as I'll have to do it this weekend.

Comment

tbenoit1 ,Thanks for your response. If you fail to upload the gif file on this forum,please help to send it to [email protected] (Attn.lisa) and indicate this thread link when you email to us.

Comment

Working...
        X