Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this.flattenPages() not working

Hello,

I have a PDF form that I need flattened before it gets submitted.

I spoke with a Foxit chat agent who provided this javascript which was pulled from: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/fla...e-q219610.aspx

Code:
    this.flattenPages();
    app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");
    I have that code in a 'Run a Javascript' action on a push button click but nothing appears to happen when I click on the button.

I am using Foxit PhantomPDF ver 9.0.1.1049 Business Edition to create the PDF.
    I am filling out the form and clicking the button in Acrobat Reader DC Ver 2020.013.20064.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why the pdf is not being flattened or some ways to troubleshoot why it's not working?

Thanks,

robertg
    Attached Files

rgentile ,I have submitted the PDF file sample you provided to our related team for further analysis with report ID#PHANTOM-15107 and ask them to modify the JavaScript in the PDF file for you. Once we get the new demo file,we will send it to you.

Comment

Thank you Lisa_lee!

Comment

Hello Lisa_lee, has your team been able to look at my pdf and have any recommendations for getting the flattenPages() to work?

Thanks

Comment

rgentile There is not updates for now and I have forwarded your message to our team. any updates will inform you. tks.

Comment

Acrobat Reader cannot flatten pages. It's by design.

Otherwise, your script works fine but it flatten the last page only.
            To flatten all pages you need to remove the "7" in the script (the 3rd line is useless):

this.flattenPages(7);
            app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");
            Last edited by JRB; 11-19-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply JRB. In my initial discussions with the Foxit chat agent I specifically mentioned I was using Acrobat Reader because I knew Reader had some limitations but I guess that part was overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by rgentile View Post
                Thanks for the reply JRB. In my initial discussions with the Foxit chat agent I specifically mentioned I was using Acrobat Reader because I knew Reader had some limitations but I guess that part was overlooked.
                I guess that Foxit Reader have the same behavior.

Comment

JRB ,The spam post has already been deleted. Regarding the issue you mentioned in this thread,I have just reminded our related team again.

Comment

@Lisa_lee you should remove the citation in my post too, otherwise the spam will remain ;-)

Comment

JRB ,I am sorry that I didn't see any spam and citation in this thread now,please let us know the user name of the user who sent the citation you mentioned ?
                      For flatten all page in PDF form file,you have to remove the the number 7 from this.flattenPages(7) in JS codes.Please refer to attached screenshot:JS codes.png.

Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry that I didn't see any spam and citation in this thread now,please let us know the user name of the user who sent the citation you mentioned ?

Comment

JRB ,Thanks so much for pointing out that.I have already deleted your post which contains that mentioned citation,

Comment

Working...
                          X