Reader will not read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Reader will not read

I have a PDF, I made it accessible and passes. I can not get Foxit to read it. I tried Adobe reader (yuk) and it reads it fine. Ideas? V 9.7.2.29539

murr777 Is there any error message when opened in Foxit reader? Can you please send the PDF file to us for checking? thanks in advance

Comment

Hi, I do not get an error message at all. Another oddity, NVDA will read everything EXCEPT PDF. I have tried 3 different PDFs. I will see if I am allowed to send to you.

Comment

I managed to get NVDA working. We prefer the Foxit Reader though.

Comment

murr777 Have you tried latest Foxit Reader 10.1? If possible, please send us a file for testing since the issue may be file related.

Comment

Hi, this will not let me attach...I will email [email protected] (pruning_√©lagage_en.pdf). I do not think it is the PDF. Nothing reads in Foxit. Thank you.

Version 2020.12.42766

Murray

Comment

murr777
              Tae Lee already took your ticket, he will handle this issue, thanks!

Comment

Update, yesterday, for the first time on 3 different machines, I saw an arrow under the Reading Option. It had a pullout menu with a volume. It was set to half way. No sound. As soon as I moved it slightly, the sound started working.
                Today, we upgraded from trial to full version 2020.12.42766, There is no longer an arrow under reading option and the PDF will not read.
                I believe this might be some kind of install error....??

Comment

murr777
                  The volume setting option is under File->Perferences->Speech, if the file was unable to read out, please provide me the specific file and screenshots of Speech dialog page.

Comment

Working...
                  X