No announcement yet.

File size becomes very large after OCR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File size becomes very large after OCR?

I am currently taking Foxit Phantom PDF for a test drive. I have a PDF file 18.6Mb with 323 pages, created from a scan (not by me, and Foxit Reader claims the producer is "tumble by Eric Smith").

Here is the problem: I open this file in Phantom PDF with no problem, and use OCR with no problem (awesome accuracy by the way, very impressed). The issue is that when I save the file, it is now more than 10x bigger, and weighs in at 249Mb.

Even after using all the various optimization tools, I cannot get it under about 60Mb, which is still more than 3x larger than the original. I have other PDFs of similar documents that are only 20Mb.

So my question is - how can I get the Phantom PDF output file size down to the same order of magnitude as the other documents of the same type?

Any advice appreciated -

FoxitFan

Now as temp solution, you can try File>PDF Optimizer >Reduce the file size to see if it helps.

Would you please send us the pdf file before OCR and after OCR for internal test?
    If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

I have tried every combination that I could think of with File>PDF Optimizer >Reduce the file size, but nothing seems to get it down to where it needs to be.

I will email Support.

Comment

Working...
      X