Form Fields - Sometimes missing, for some users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Fields - Sometimes missing, for some users

Hello all - this is the oddest situation I've faced with PDFs. I manage many documents with Foxit, and our end users use a variety of software to use the documents on their end - this issue also include users that use Foxit, however, so I don't think that is necessarily the issue.

Form fields that I have created for users to fill out, sometimes are missing. I always verify that it's in order before releasing the PDFs, but this keeps coming up as an issue. It's some fields on the document that they cannot see or use...and it's not always the same fields (naming convention, type varies). Has anyone heard of this type of issue, and any possible solutions?

[email protected] ,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. We have never received such issue you mentioned from other users before. Regarding this issue,please help to provide with us the following information:
    1:Your OS information (E.g.windows 10x64bit) and please click on "Help" tab in Foxit PhantomPDF>"About Foxit PhantomPDF" to check its version number.
    2:Please let us know how you create fillable fields and how you released it to others? Did you use those tools under the "Form"tab in Foxit PhantomPDF and email it to others?
    3:Please send us one original PDF form file that you created and the problematic released PDF form file.
    4:Please take a screenshot in the problematic PDF form file to let us know which fields are missing?
    If it is not convenience to upload files on forum,please help to email them to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) and also indicate this thread link when you email to us.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

This is typically an issue due to filling out the form with Apple Preview, aka "the PDF killer".

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        [email protected] ,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. We have never received such issue you mentioned from other users before. Regarding this issue,please help to provide with us the following information:
        1:Your OS information (E.g.windows 10x64bit) and please click on "Help" tab in Foxit PhantomPDF>"About Foxit PhantomPDF" to check its version number.
        2:Please let us know how you create fillable fields and how you released it to others? Did you use those tools under the "Form"tab in Foxit PhantomPDF and email it to others?
        3:Please send us one original PDF form file that you created and the problematic released PDF form file.
        4:Please take a screenshot in the problematic PDF form file to let us know which fields are missing?
        If it is not convenience to upload files on forum,please help to email them to [email protected] (Attn.Lisa) and also indicate this thread link when you email to us.

Look forward to your reply.
        Thanks for chiming in. Here's some details for you:

1:OS information: Windows 10 64-bit, Standard Edition, Version: 10.1.0.37527
        2: Under Form tab, I selected Text field or Combo box and added. I did not use any other features - files are stored in cloud storage on Box.com

Emailing files to your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB View Post
          This is typically an issue due to filling out the form with Apple Preview, aka "the PDF killer".
          I'm not familiar with iPads that much - is Apple Preview available for any PDF program used on an iPad, or is that only available for the standard program(s)? We will definitely keep an eye out for this.

Comment

[email protected] ,I have received your email in our ticket system which ticket number is#78231,I will follow up this case via the ticket you sent.

Comment

Working...
            X