Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Textbox only shows black text

FOXIT PhantomPDF Standard 10.1.1.37576

I've found this issue popping up in the forum before where it was marked as solved in some previous version updates of Foxit. However, in my current version the textbox will only show the text in black, even when I change the color. Strangely, when opening the marked up pdf with Acrobat, the text is indeed in the modified color and not black. Also the other way around, when I markup a pdf in Acrobat, change the color and then open this marked up pdf in Foxit, the text is again shown in black. And my Foxit used to work correctly before with this version. It just happened one day.

This issue also happens to Typewriter, Callout, Add Text...

Any solutions for this issue?
    Last edited by tvbreda; 03-08-2021, 10:22 AM.

tvbreda ,We apologize for the inconvenience. Firstly,please try to delete the Foxit Software registry entries by doing the following to see it helps:
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software",please right click on the "Foxit Software" folder and select "delete" option in the pop-up context menu to delete the whole folder of Foxit Software.
    If the issue still persists,please help to provide with the following information for us:
    1:Your OS information (E.g.windows 10x64bit).
    2: Did this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files?
    3:Please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
    (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Dear Lisa_lee , thank you for your reply. Cleaning out the registry solved the issue.

Just to complete your requested info:
      1) Windows 10x64bit
      2) It happened to all pdf files.
      3) Unable to download due to IT policy.

Comment

tvbreda
        Please Go to File->Preferences-> Accessibility->Document Color Options, unchecked "Replace document colors", it could be the reason why Foxit does not allow you to change the Text color.(see attached)
        If the issue still persists, please directly download the licecap tool from the attachment and take whole process for us thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X