Apply ocr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply ocr

I have some pages scanned and on some pages there are images with old text (old medieval) and just below the figure a text describing it, like an art book describing the figures, what happens is that the ocr damages (distorts) the text of the images.
    I would like to know if it is possible to apply the ocr only in the text that describe the images and ignore the text in the images.
    (batch process).
    Example
    original file:
    LINK
    after ocr
    LINK

Thank you in advance!

syfysym ,I am sorry that currently Foxit PhantomPDF still cannot support to only OCR part of the scanned page. Regarding this situation,I have submitted the suggestion "Supports to select part of the scanned page and right-click to OCR" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-5695. For your current workaround, please choose to check the option "Find All suspect (Show all OCR results that may need to be changed.)" in Select OCR engine dialog box when you try to OCR the PDF file, then Foxit PhantomPDF will bring up the "OCR Suspects" dialog box,please choose to set all of those characters on images into "Not Text" in the OCR suspects dialog box to keep those texts retained as image-based texts on images.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X