Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    amanda_liang
    Super Moderator

• amanda_liang
    replied
    ViciousWarGoose
    ViciousWarGoose
    Macallows
    Macallows
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Your feedback was reported to our team for checking, any update will inform you. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Macallows

• Macallows
    replied
    Originally posted by ViciousWarGoose View Post
    I have also created an account just to voice my opinion that the new format sidebar is awful and needs a way to permanently disable it or it needs to be moved back to the ribbon. I have a team of people that use the typewriter function for most of the day and I am going to have to switch back to Adobe because this new sidebar is infuriating.
    fun fact: adobe acrobat dc pro actually has a side tab and Foxit inspired from it. Just wait for the fix or roll back to V10

Leave a comment:

• ViciousWarGoose

• ViciousWarGoose
    replied
    I have also created an account just to voice my opinion that the new format sidebar is awful and needs a way to permanently disable it or it needs to be moved back to the ribbon. I have a team of people that use the typewriter function for most of the day and I am going to have to switch back to Adobe because this new sidebar is infuriating.

Leave a comment:

• kesawi

• kesawi
    replied
    Agree with all of the user comments here about the format bar.
    lyndi_wu
    Super Moderator
    lyndi_wu thanks for forwarding the comments onto the development team. Hope it gets rectified soon.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    Super Moderator

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    mkrbc
    mkrbc

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have added your vote to the case(ID#PHANTOM-15688), hope we can fix it asap.

Leave a comment:

• mkrbc

• mkrbc
    replied
    Made an account just to say please add my support to this request. I grade papers using split screen on Windows, and this new feature makes my job a lot harder. I think the most ideal way is to at least allow people to position the bar where they like.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    Super Moderator

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    Macallows
    Macallows
    claytoncarney
    claytoncarney

Thank you for your comment. I have forwarded your request to our team, they will fix it asap. ID#PHANTOM-15688

Leave a comment:

• Macallows

• Macallows
    replied
    Originally posted by claytoncarney View Post
    I, for one, am sick of the way Foxit makes their reader more ANNOYING with every new release. Right clicking to access properties made infinitely more sense. Now, if I want to edit a textbox, I have to close that idiotic format tab every time.

I'm rolling back to version 10 for now. Then I'll be seeking a replacement.
    At least the tab should close itself when the object is unselected / when the edit mode is left / when pressing Esc

Leave a comment:

• claytoncarney

• claytoncarney
    replied
    I, for one, am sick of the way Foxit makes their reader more ANNOYING with every new release. Right clicking to access properties made infinitely more sense. Now, if I want to edit a textbox, I have to close that idiotic format tab every time.

I'm rolling back to version 10 for now. Then I'll be seeking a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    Super Moderator

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    Macallows
    Macallows
    I can fully reproduce this issue as well, so I already submitted it to our QA/Dev team as report id#QCPHANTOM-27908, I will forward an update the moment I have it. Thanks for your report.

Leave a comment:

• Macallows

• Macallows
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakob View Post
    Dear
    Doris Wang
    Super Moderator
    Doris Wang ,

That doesn't really matter, you just have to resize the Foxit window smaller, which then creates a scroll bar in the Format tab. And if you then scroll with the mouse it works very slowly (Win 10 20H2 19043.1081, 64 bit). The same effect also occurs in the Foxit Reader. My mouse is no problem, in other windows my mouse works fine (and also in the main window of Foxit with the pdf).

Sincerely, Jakob!
    Right, I was able to reproduce that. The scrolling is ultra slow, like one pixel at a time. Unuseable as it is. I am reporting this in a multi-bug ticket in a hope they see your discovery.

Leave a comment:

• Jakob
    replied
    Dear
    Doris Wang
    Super Moderator
    Doris Wang ,

That doesn't really matter, you just have to resize the Foxit window smaller, which then creates a scroll bar in the Format tab. And if you then scroll with the mouse it works very slowly (Win 10 20H2 19043.1081, 64 bit). The same effect also occurs in the Foxit Reader. My mouse is no problem, in other windows my mouse works fine (and also in the main window of Foxit with the pdf).

Sincerely, Jakob!

Leave a comment:

• Doris Wang
    Super Moderator

• Doris Wang
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakob View Post
    Dear forum users,

I agree that the Format-Tab is very annoying. It would be really helpful to offer an option to display the format options either in the ribbon menu or in the Format-Tab, or to be able to minimize these, similar to the side view, bookmark view etc. on the left-hand side, and open them when necessary.

It would also be very helpful, see
    danmirage
    danmirage, if there should be a format tab in the ribbon menu again, to leave the comment page open and not constantly switch to the Format-Tab. It is really difficult to comment in the flow, you have to constantly click back in the comment tab and on the desired comment function. Otherwise I would have to think about whether to integrate the comment functions into the format tab in the ribbon settings.

I also noticed that when the functions in the Format-Tab require a scroll list (because of the many setting options), scrolling down with the mouse is extremely slow. I hope that can be fixed as well.

Sincerely, Jakob! (A Foxit fan)
    Jakob May I have a screenshot for the functions in the Format-Tab which require a scroll list?

Leave a comment:

• Jakob
    replied
    Dear forum users,

I agree that the Format-Tab is very annoying. It would be really helpful to offer an option to display the format options either in the ribbon menu or in the Format-Tab, or to be able to minimize these, similar to the side view, bookmark view etc. on the left-hand side, and open them when necessary.

It would also be very helpful, see
    danmirage
    danmirage, if there should be a format tab in the ribbon menu again, to leave the comment page open and not constantly switch to the Format-Tab. It is really difficult to comment in the flow, you have to constantly click back in the comment tab and on the desired comment function. Otherwise I would have to think about whether to integrate the comment functions into the format tab in the ribbon settings.

I also noticed that when the functions in the Format-Tab require a scroll list (because of the many setting options), scrolling down with the mouse is extremely slow. I hope that can be fixed as well.

Sincerely, Jakob! (A Foxit fan)
    Last edited by Jakob; 07-02-2021, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scfeng

• scfeng
    replied
    Originally posted by mellowyellow View Post
    When can we expect a fix?

We've been waiting over a month so far:
    https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html
    Yes, we are looking forward to the fix!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X