Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
    kkietzke Sorry for the inconvenience. Next version 11.1 Foxit PDF Editor will improve the Format Panel. Can you please keep eye on Foxit site and update program to test? it might be released a few months later. thanks.
    A few months? I.e. December or January? Just when I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous... Fixing this enough to make the product usable is trivial: (1) make sure there's a reasonably convenient way (e.g. button or right-click menu) for the user to explicitly open the panel; and (2) don't open the panel automatically if the user explicitly closed it the last time it was open. Being a developer myself, I can tell you that it shouldn't take months to do this, and it would keep everyone at least mostly happy while you spend months redesigning it.

I won't be testing it, as I switched to a different pdf editor a while back after realizing that this wasn't going to be fixed in a timely manner. I'm just sticking around to hopefully download what I paid for, since Foxit refuses to give me a refund for the useless upgrade from v10 to v11.

Comment

• kkietzke
      Sorry again for any difficulty using Foxit Software. If everything goes well, it might release no more than next month, but it depends, so please keep eye on our updates.

Comment

• Oh my god!

Do you build a spionage-software or do you implement tons of features? Is the version 11.1 bigger than 1 Gigabyte?
        I don't know why it's taking you so long, but I'm starting to get the feeling that you'll end up being able to control your software with Alexa or thought, save the world, and create and edit Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, and more just like Microsoft Office. Is Foxit now the new Outlook, a 3D program, an architecture software or so fast that you can now open a 5 gigabyte PDF with 1,000 pages of 16K images with 5,000 DPI in nanoseconds, edit them and scroll through them smoothly - without any loading times???

What do you doing there? How many issues do you have to resolve? Is your Software such a big disaster with thousands of different errors, that you need years, to repair it?

I do not know what to keep about it, but so slowly I lose patience! Hurry up! What do you have for problems that it takes so long???

Hurry up!

Jakob!

Comment

• How much fire under the butt do you still need?

What should we do that you can finish the software?

Comment

• Jakob
            Sorry about that, it's on the way now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakob View Post
              Is your Software such a big disaster with thousands of different errors, that you need years, to repair it?
              Maybe, considering that one user in this thread single-handedly reported almost 50 bugs. (I am in awe of that user's patience - I couldn't deal with the format panel long enough to get the information needed to report the one crash I found.)

I suspect this is primarily a management issue - I doubt that the developers decide priorities on their own. If management is prioritizing new features over bug fixes and/or not giving the developers enough time for proper testing, the current situation would not be unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
                kkietzke Sorry for the inconvenience. Next version 11.1 Foxit PDF Editor will improve the Format Panel. Can you please keep eye on Foxit site and update program to test? it might be released a few months later. thanks.
                kkietzke
                Jakob and all,

I believe "a few months later" is a typo. Amanda was meant for a few days. In face, we're preparing for the formal release of version11.1. You guys should see the new version within next week or two if everything goes well.
                In order to get better user experience on a newer version, we spent more time and efforts on development and testing, your feedbacks are important for us, we have collected all and forwarded to our Dev team, of course, the format panel has been given the highest priority in version11.1.
                Again, we sincerely apologize for any hassle and inconvenience the version11.0 has caused. Let's look forward to the newer version, and thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Now version 11.1 is out! However, if the update is not yet offered via the Foxit Updater, a test version must be downloaded from the website.

Foxit PDF Editor Pro:

ENGLISH: Download
                  German: Download

Foxit PDF Reader:

ENGLISH: Download
                  German: Download

If you download the English .exe, you can't change the language to german.

The dark mode is okay, maybe a little light (it could be better, and it would be better, if the contrast between buttons and the normal program window were stronger) and pop-ups, like the settings-windows or other, are not included (always white). The inversion function of the document view still does not work properly (black text becomes light gray, the document background dark gray, lines remain black and therefore difficult to see, and form fields are dark purple, which is also difficult to see .

The most important thing, the format-Tab, have now a long button with an little arrow, like on the left page at the page-, bookmark-, comment-, ...-Tab. You can collapse the Tab in and out, and you can resize the tab a little bit. It would be really nice if you could change the size of the format tab more and the buttons in the format tab would then be automatically rearranged - like in a toolbar, e.g. in Photoshop.

So far, things are running smoothly, maybe Foxit will upload the description of the update to the version history (edit: The new version is already described on the English website of Foxit, on the German website it is still missing.)

Jakob!
                  Last edited by Jakob; 10-12-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Jakob ,For the format tab suggestion that you mentioned,I have submitted the new feature request “Change the size of the format tab more and the buttons in the format tab would then be automatically rearranged” to our product management team's consideration already with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-16288.
                    The version 11.1 version history still hasn't been updated on the German website yet, our marketing team will update the new version information to the German website later this month.

For the situation "The dark mode is okay, maybe a little light",do you mean that the existing dark mode is too dark and you wish the dark mode could provide a brighter color?
                    Concerning the situation "The inversion function of the document view still does not work properly (black text becomes light gray, the document background dark gray, lines remain black and therefore difficult to see, and form fields are dark purple, which is also difficult to see",I am sorry that I am still not clear about which feature you mentioned. Please let me which feature is the inversion function that you mentioned and send us one PDF file sample, take a screenshot of the incorrect display that you referred.

Look forward to your reply.
                    Last edited by Lisa_lee; 10-13-2021, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• 1. Darkmode:

In my opinion, the darkmode could be darker, with more contrast between Buttons, hover-effekt on buttons and the program interface. Buttons darker, interface also darker, but brighter than buttons. The thing for me is, that, if I work with an bright and low contrast monitor, the program also looks bright. From a design point of view, there could simply be a little more contrast, so that buttons and hover effects stand out a little better from the program interface.

2. View > Night Mode

Comment

• Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: Image 104.png Ansichten: 0 Größe: 86,9 KB ID: 185328

Everything seems a bit uniform, it would be really nice if there was just a bigger difference. Stronger gray tones, everything just a little bit more contrasty, darker.

perhaps you could implement a design editor or a menu in which you can set the color and brightness of the buttons and the various areas of the program interface.
                        Last edited by Jakob; 10-14-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Jakob Your opinion of Dark mode was forwarded to DEV team for checking by ID#PHANTOM-16298. Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

• Thank you for the update guys, looks great.

Edit: I found one thing, when I underline something it automatically highlights it like in the picture and makes me chose the color. Now before this update it would get highlighted if I click on the underlined text, and it was not automatically selected after underlining a text.

This for me is a little annoying since after every underline I would need to click somewhere on the page so that the highlight disappears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	185333
                            Last edited by Alcaeus; 10-14-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Alcaeus
                              Thanks for your report! Already submitted it to our Dev/QA team as report id#QCPHANTOM-28619, I will forward an update the moment I have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X