Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When can we expect a fix?

We've been waiting over a month so far:
    https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html

Comment

Hello All, Thanks for all of your feedbacks in this thread. We could fully understand the inconvenience caused by the current format panel in the Foxit application.We are always here to hear your comments and further forward them to our product management team for their perusal.
      And we will inform you all in this thread once there is any improvement made for format panel in the new release.
      Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-30-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mellowyellow View Post
        How do I disable and/or move Foxit 11's new "Format tab"? Specifically:

1. Is there a keyboard shortcut? UPDATE: On Windows, Shift + F4 hides the Task Pane it lives in.
        2. How do I disable it on Mac?
        3. How do I disable it on Windows?
        4. On Windows, is there a registry setting?

NOTE: By "Format tab", I'm referring to the Foxit Editor 11's documentation, page 8, "What's new":
        "Instead, a Format tab appears in the right panel when you make comments and edit text or other objects"

MAC: On Mac OS 11.2.3, Foxit Editor 11.0.0.0510 does not display any Format Tab, which is the behavior I'd like to see in the Windows version too--at least as an option.
        Could you post a screenshot to see what the v11 looks like on macOS ? Thanks

Comment

Macallows ,Actually,the format panel would also appear when you add/edit comments or new objects into PDF file in Foxit PDF Editor for MAC. But the better thing is that Foxit PDF Editor for MAC provides a button for users to turn off/on the format panel permanently.Please refer to attached screenshot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mellowyellow View Post
            When can we expect a fix?

We've been waiting over a month so far:
            https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html
            Yes, we are looking forward to the fix!

Comment

Dear forum users,

I agree that the Format-Tab is very annoying. It would be really helpful to offer an option to display the format options either in the ribbon menu or in the Format-Tab, or to be able to minimize these, similar to the side view, bookmark view etc. on the left-hand side, and open them when necessary.

It would also be very helpful, see danmirage, if there should be a format tab in the ribbon menu again, to leave the comment page open and not constantly switch to the Format-Tab. It is really difficult to comment in the flow, you have to constantly click back in the comment tab and on the desired comment function. Otherwise I would have to think about whether to integrate the comment functions into the format tab in the ribbon settings.

I also noticed that when the functions in the Format-Tab require a scroll list (because of the many setting options), scrolling down with the mouse is extremely slow. I hope that can be fixed as well.

Sincerely, Jakob! (A Foxit fan)
              Last edited by Jakob; 07-02-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob View Post
                Dear forum users,

I agree that the Format-Tab is very annoying. It would be really helpful to offer an option to display the format options either in the ribbon menu or in the Format-Tab, or to be able to minimize these, similar to the side view, bookmark view etc. on the left-hand side, and open them when necessary.

It would also be very helpful, see danmirage, if there should be a format tab in the ribbon menu again, to leave the comment page open and not constantly switch to the Format-Tab. It is really difficult to comment in the flow, you have to constantly click back in the comment tab and on the desired comment function. Otherwise I would have to think about whether to integrate the comment functions into the format tab in the ribbon settings.

I also noticed that when the functions in the Format-Tab require a scroll list (because of the many setting options), scrolling down with the mouse is extremely slow. I hope that can be fixed as well.

Sincerely, Jakob! (A Foxit fan)
                Jakob May I have a screenshot for the functions in the Format-Tab which require a scroll list?

Comment

Dear Doris Wang ,

That doesn't really matter, you just have to resize the Foxit window smaller, which then creates a scroll bar in the Format tab. And if you then scroll with the mouse it works very slowly (Win 10 20H2 19043.1081, 64 bit). The same effect also occurs in the Foxit Reader. My mouse is no problem, in other windows my mouse works fine (and also in the main window of Foxit with the pdf).

Sincerely, Jakob!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob View Post
                    Dear Doris Wang ,

That doesn't really matter, you just have to resize the Foxit window smaller, which then creates a scroll bar in the Format tab. And if you then scroll with the mouse it works very slowly (Win 10 20H2 19043.1081, 64 bit). The same effect also occurs in the Foxit Reader. My mouse is no problem, in other windows my mouse works fine (and also in the main window of Foxit with the pdf).

Sincerely, Jakob!
                    Right, I was able to reproduce that. The scrolling is ultra slow, like one pixel at a time. Unuseable as it is. I am reporting this in a multi-bug ticket in a hope they see your discovery.

Comment

Macallows
                      I can fully reproduce this issue as well, so I already submitted it to our QA/Dev team as report id#QCPHANTOM-27908, I will forward an update the moment I have it. Thanks for your report.

Comment

I, for one, am sick of the way Foxit makes their reader more ANNOYING with every new release. Right clicking to access properties made infinitely more sense. Now, if I want to edit a textbox, I have to close that idiotic format tab every time.

I'm rolling back to version 10 for now. Then I'll be seeking a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by claytoncarney View Post
                          I, for one, am sick of the way Foxit makes their reader more ANNOYING with every new release. Right clicking to access properties made infinitely more sense. Now, if I want to edit a textbox, I have to close that idiotic format tab every time.

I'm rolling back to version 10 for now. Then I'll be seeking a replacement.
                          At least the tab should close itself when the object is unselected / when the edit mode is left / when pressing Esc

Comment

Macallows
                            claytoncarney

Thank you for your comment. I have forwarded your request to our team, they will fix it asap. ID#PHANTOM-15688

Comment

Made an account just to say please add my support to this request. I grade papers using split screen on Windows, and this new feature makes my job a lot harder. I think the most ideal way is to at least allow people to position the bar where they like.

Comment

mkrbc

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have added your vote to the case(ID#PHANTOM-15688), hope we can fix it asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X