Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the backlash the side panel provoked, I really hope Foxit will come with a fix before the end of July or they'll make customers angry.

While I'm not that annoyed since I work with a wide monitor, I feel other's pain especially those who work with their monitor in portrait mode.

It's hard to understand how a fix to make the side panel close itself after the action is done and the tool closed could take more than a few days.. November is unacceptable.

Why should Foxit wait for the new features to be ready to release them with the fix? The top priority should be the fix. I can't remember of a change that made customers that angry in Phantom PDF history.

It should serve as a lesson: why aren't you guys advertising the v11 as a beta (which I and others consider it to be) and running an open-beta program?
    I have found dozens of bugs that I reported, that should not be the case in a "stable" release. Charging upgrade fees for an unstable version is not OK.
    No wonder why you are inundated with emails lately.
    Last edited by Macallows; 07-25-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macallows View Post
      Charging upgrade fees for an unstable version is not OK.
      Exactly! I notice that Foxit is not offering refunds to those of us who purchased the upgrade only to discover that we have to continue using v10. I could have done that without buying the upgrade. I'm not mad at them - I'm sure they thought they were putting out something that everyone would like - but their overall response to this makes it extremely unlikely that I'll come back to Foxit unless Qoppa does something worse. At this point I'm just keeping an eye out for a more stable v11 to download, since I did pay for it. I doubt I'll ever use it, though.

Comment

If the update is not due until November, Forza Horizon 5 will probably be playable faster than Foxit Editor (v11) with fewer errors, crashes and without a format tab is usable. There are more and more things that keep me excited and expectant until November. ?

Jakob!

Comment

Macallows kkietzke Jakob

We sincerely apologize for any hassle and inconvenience this has caused. I do agree that we should fix the issue asap, I have added all your comment to the case(ID#PHANTOM-15688),and remind them to fix it asap, and now our team are still working hard on the format panel. If there is a fix, we will keep you posted. Thank you again for your important feedback.

Now I will provide the download link for version10 here in case that you'd like to downgrade to.
          http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/produ...up_Website.exe

Sorry again and thank you for your kind understanding.

Comment

A Foxit moderator wrote:
            >a new patch with a re-design format panel will be released around Nov in v11.1

<Rant> To me, this reveals the driving forces at Foxit. It seems they are prioritizing new features (i.e., for new users) over existing users. Maybe that's where the money is. Can you imagine popular app developers like Roblox or Procreate on Google Play or Apple's App Store refusing to fix critical usability bugs because they don't align to the product's release schedule?</Rant>

Today, I see that 11.0.1.49938 is available (https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html). Is the Format Tab fix available here? If so, where? I couldn't find it.
            Last edited by mellowyellow; 07-27-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Thanksmellowyellow,

I am currently downloading the update. Check out what has changed right now.

Jakob!

Comment

After I checked for updates, Foxit showed me version 11.0.1 and a few OCR language updates. Downloading and installing update 11.0.1 failed, could not be downloaded. After several attempts, Foxit suddenly showed me no updates at all, neither 11.0.1 nor OCR language updates.

What's going on there? Was the update withdrawn, accidentally released, or am I having a firewall (or some other) problem somewhere?

Jakob!

Comment

Originally posted by mellowyellow View Post
                  It seems they are prioritizing new features (i.e., for new users) over existing users.
                  Ironically, if I had been a new user, I would have tested the trial version more thoroughly and would have run the other way when I saw that format tab. The only reason I spent any money on it was because I was an existing user who didn't expect them to make a working product unusable.

Comment

The update can be downloaded here:
                    https://cdn06.foxitsoftware.com/prod...tup_Direct.msi

There is still the side panel, however when exiting a mode that require it, it closes the panel. Not sure if it was the case before.
                    Last edited by Macallows; 07-27-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• mellowyellow Macallows sorry for the inconvenience. Your feedback will be forwarded to our team for reference. Since the format issue should be checked in deep and our team is working in progress. The new version 11.0.1.49938 fixed some security issues but not change format design. Any update will inform you. thanks.
                      Jakob may I know detailed time zone on your side? Can you please try to download new version and OCR languages from website to see result? https://www.foxit.com/downloads/
                      Also, you can click the link to download new version 11.0.1 of Foxit PDF Editor to update:
                      https://cdn06.foxitsoftware.com/prod...tup_Direct.msi
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Dear amanda_liang,

thanks for your help. I am from Germany, Forum-time + 2 hours. I've tried updating Foxit Editor over the software itself today again, but same thing. After that, I've downloaded the update as test-version from your website and install it. I repeated searching for updates, but same message in 11.0.1 like in 11.0.0.4..... - no updates found. Is there a programm error or so?

Jakob!

Comment

• Jakob Since the issue is related to local network status and connection with Foxit server, can you please help gain detailed info for reference? detailed methods please refer to attached document.
                          If above is inconvenience, please click below link to install official version 11.0.1 Foxit PDF Editor and download OCR languages from wesbite. https://www.foxit.com/downloads/
                          http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.exe
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dear amanda_liang,

It seems to have been a firewall problem. The update search is now working again. And about the program: wouldn't Wireshark also work?

Jakob!

Comment

• Jakob Glad to know that. For Wireshark, I have to check with QA team and reply to you at soon. thanks.

Comment

• Are there already information about a dark mode?

Jakob!

Comment

Working...
                                X