Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlike Foxit Editor 10, ver 11 loads some PDFs slowly, saying "loading destinations"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlike Foxit Editor 10, ver 11 loads some PDFs slowly, saying "loading destinations"

Unlike Foxit Editor 10 on Windows, version 11 says "Loading destinations" and takes 5-10 seconds to load on some documents.

Is there a registry setting to reduce or eliminate this new delay? Is this a bug?

Disclaimer: I can reproduce this problem on at least 2 documents, but I cannot upload them to this public forum, so Foxit Support, please e-mail me if you need to see them. Please provide an e-mail address where I can send you the files.
    Last edited by mellowyellow; 05-31-2021, 07:06 PM.

mellowyellow ,We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. Regarding this situation you mentioned,please help to access this page to submit a ticket to our Foxit support team with the PDF file sample provided.In the summary, please help to include my name (Lisa) there,so that I will pay attention to it and further process in our ticket system.

Comment

Hi Lisa,

I just uploaded 3 PDFs in Support Case #102911.

Sean

Comment

Foxit Reader 11.0 is much slower than Foxit Reader 10.0. Any specific reason for this? Which features are causing this and can we switch off these features if they are not needed by us?

Comment

mellowyellow ,I have received your ticket and I will follow up on the issue with you in our ticket system.

Comment

[email protected] ,We apologize for the trouble. Firstly, please help to uninstall your existing version of Foxit Reader , download and install our newly complied package of Foxit Reader V11 from the link below:
            http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...L10N_Setup.exe
            Then please help to give the new installation a try. If the issue still persists,please to give us the following information:
            1:Your OS information (E.g.windows 10x64bit).
            2: Did this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files? Please send us one PDF file sample.
            3:How long it would take you to open a PDF file in Foxit Reader generally?
            4:Please help to use the licecap tool to generate an animated gif that shows your whole process:
            http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
            (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)
            5:Please help to turn on the debug mode in Foxit Reader by following the instructions mentioned in the article below:
            https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-u...ode-PhantomPDF
            then please help to replicate the same issue as usual.Once you have finish replicating the issue,please go to the following folder instantly to find the log files for us.
            6:Please help to do the following settings in Foxit Reader to see if it will make any difference:
            1):Go to "File"tab>"Preferences">"General",please uncheck the options "Show start page""Show Advertisement" "Show floating promotion page",click on "OK" to save the setting.Then please open PDF file again. If the issue still persists,then please proceed to do the next step.
            2):Go to "Help"tab>click on "Foxit Plug-Ins" to bring up the "About Foxit Plug-Ins" dialog box,please disable the "Foxit Drive" this plugin there. Then please reopen PDF file again to see if it will be opened normally? If not,please proceed to the next step.
            3):Navigate to the main instalation folder of your Foxit PDF Reader,somewhere like:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Reader
            Rename the folder "plugins" there(such as rename it into "pluginsold"),then please reopen your PDF file to see if it will be loaded in quick speed?
            Please rename the folder back into "plugins" again after you having finished done the above testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Foxit Reader 11.0 is much slower than Foxit Reader 10.0. Any specific reason for this? Which features are causing this and can we switch off these features if they are not needed by us?
              Yes, you are correct. Based on Lisa's suggestion (step 6.2 above), I disabled ALL PLUGINS and the problem goes away--both slowness in general and the "loading destinations" problem.

Foxit, please figure out which NEW (as of Foxit Editor 11) plugin(s) are responsible for this, based on the files I uploaded through Support, and release a patch or provide guidance--or at least a "root cause analysis."

I do like the ability to disable plugins. That's very handy compared to the old way of moving the plugin out of the plugins directory.

I tried to upload a screenshot of the 3 plugins I left enabled, but the forum won't allow it, saying "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments," so here here is my screenshot showing which plugins I left enabled: https://pasteboard.co/K4KMWtA.png
              Last edited by mellowyellow; 06-02-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

mellowyellow ,We have all of our plugins enabled in our Foxit PDF Reader and still can't replicate such an issue you mentioned on our part. Would you please help to do us a favor to firstly disable those plugins that could be disabled in about plugins dialog box and then choose to enable plugins one by one, please restart your Foxit PDF file and open PDF file instantly after you have enabled a plugin. Once the same issue happens again after you have enabled a plugin, then we will know the specific plugin you have enabled is the root cause.

Look forward to your reply.
                Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-03-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

> We have all of our plugins enabled
                  Why? If you re-read my comment, only disabling plugins resolves the issue.

>in our Foxit PDF Reader
                  Why Reader? I am reporting this issue in Editor.

> still can't replicate such an issue
                  Yes, because your plugins are enabled.

>enable plugins one by one
                  Because Editor 11 introduces this issue (i.e., no problem in Editor 10), this is Foxit's responsibility to troubleshoot, not its paying customers.

Comment

mellowyellow Sorry for asking you to help troubleshoot which specific plug-in caused the problem since we failed to reproduce the issue on our part before.
                    Today I reinstalled Foxit PDF Editor on my computer and now the problem also could appear in Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.
                    Then I did further testing and found that the issue was actually caused by NamedPosition this plugin.So you could now choose to enable other plugins with only the NamedPosition this plugin disabled.

The problem has been reported to our QA team for further investigation with report ID#QCPHANTOM-27690,I will keep you informed again once there are any updates about this issue.
                    Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-05-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X