Recognize Specific Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recognize Specific Text

I'm wondering if there's a way to be able to recognize text but also only highlight and copy something specific.

Click image for larger version

Name:	column.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	183215
    I have this pdf list and I just want to be able to highlight the column of amounts but when I go to 'recognize text' it always picks up the 'cessation' part as well. Is there a way for me to fix this? I wasn't able to find anything in the forums for something like this.

Meggo ,From the screenshot you provided, it seems that the PDF file you tried to search should belong to a scanned PDF file which texts has already been OCRed and recognized by the OCR engine, now the top layer of your current PDF page is still a scanned image object and recognized searchable texts are under the scanned image object.
    The OCR engine probably didn't place the searchable text objects in the right place, which caused the top highlighted part of your search to be misplaced.

Hope you could send us the PDF file in question, then we can further determine the cause of this situation and provide a solution according to the PDF file you send. If it is not convenient to upload PDF file on forum,please help to access this page to submit a ticket to our Foxit support team with the PDF file sample provided.In the summary, please help to include my name (Lisa) there,so that I will pay attention to it and further process in our ticket system.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have attached the PDF in question.

Attached Files

Comment

Meggo Thanks for your file. There is recognise issue of underlying text in Foxit and unable to split the sentence. I've reported it to our team for checking by ID#QCPHANTOM-27727, any update will inform you.
        As temp solution, please use Area Highlight tool under Comment menu and select the column of amounts to highlight. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, I guess I didn't mention I wanted to copy and paste the text elsewhere so I don't think the highlight tool will help me in this instance, but thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

You just have to remove the Cessation column to be able to select the Amounts column.
            See your OK file here: https://fromsmash.com/f-Qw5tcmGY-bt?...JAZ21haWwuY29t

(I cannot add an attachement in this forum, I don't know why…)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have attached the PDF in question.
              Can browse:camisetanbaes.com

Comment

JRB ,We will ask our forum administrator to escalate your account right on forum tomorrow,then you will be able to add attachments when posting on the forum.

Comment

blackmoon619 ,We didn't receive any PDF file you mentioned ,please help to send it to us again.If the issue you encountered is different from the problem that 'Meggo' encountered in this forum thread, please help to describe what problem you have encountered in details. Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                    JRB ,We will ask our forum administrator to escalate your account right on forum tomorrow,then you will be able to add attachments when posting on the forum.
                    JRB We have already added your account into the group which allows to upload attachment on forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X