Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The current document is protected, you can not create signatures"

Version: 10.1.1.37576

I'm taking over as our company's IT person, and we use a mix of Adobe and Foxit for PDF signing/etc.

Recently, our Treasurer received a .pdf from Accounting to sign, and got the error I've quoted in the title. The Accountant is using Adobe and has started using a digital signature but is not 'locking' the PDF before sending it. The Treasurer is using Foxit, has not created a digital signature, and has just been using the drag-and-drop signature.

I've found 2 somewhat related posts here in the forums, listed below:
    1. https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/for...gnature-fields
    2. https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/for...t-is-protected
    #1 is only really related in that it's the same error: the Treasurer is not creating documents, they're simply signing ones sent to them.
    #2 is closer to my issue, however when I remote into the Treasurer's desktop I don't see the 'PDF Sign' described in that post's answer (see screenshot).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxit_protectTab.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	183262

I've got 7 Foxit licenses floating around, and I'd really like to be able to keep using them.
    What do I need to do to enable my Treasurer to sign PDFs?

Hi kid.ahowell,

'PDF Sign' in version 10 is called Fill & Sign (the tab between Edit and Organize). I don't think it helps in this case. The file became secured after signing with a digital signature but PDF sign requires 'Change document permission'. This is a known situation that we are working with. Currently users are suggested using digital signature as the first person who signed the file did.

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post

Currently users are suggested using digital signature as the first person who signed the file did.
      So if I get Treasurer to create a digital signature, they'll be able to sign the .pdf after it's signed by Accountant?

Comment

kid.ahowell Digital signature able to sign PDF with owner's identity information, and it will protected PDF file. If you want another users to sign the file as well, we advise you create signature field into the PDF. Finally, user cannot change the secured PDF file but able to click the signature field to sign. Please have a try and tell us your idea, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X