Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move Go to Specified Page buttons to the top of the screen in Foxit PDF Editor Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Go to Specified Page buttons to the top of the screen in Foxit PDF Editor Pro

I’ve been a long time Adobe Acrobat XI Pro user who recently moved to Foxit PDF Editor Pro, version 11. I am generally happy with this version 11 except for one area where Acrobat XI Pro clearly has a better user interface design in my opinion. I am referring to the status bar area of the Foxit workspace at the bottom of the screen that displays the Go to Specified Page which shows the page number where you are, the number of total pages, and page transition buttons. I used these buttons extensively in Acrobat XI in order to move though a document one page at a time. It seems to me that ninety-nine percent of the Foxit tools and icons that a user can click on are located in the Ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar at the top of the screen. The user spends most of their time looking for tools, icons, and buttons at the top of the screen. Except for the aforementioned Go to Specified Page navigation buttons which are located at the bottom left of the screen. In Acrobat Pro, these buttons are located at the top of the screen right under the menus and other toolbars. It is disruptive to my workflow in Foxit to be looking at the top of the screen for tools, icons, and buttons and then having to refocus my attention to the bottom of the screen to find the Go to Specified Page navigation buttons. My suggestion is to provide the user with the option to have the Go to Specified buttons available in either the Ribbon and/or Quick Access Toolbar at the top of the screen. In this way, the user would not have to refocus their attention from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and then back to the top of the screen. If there’s a way to do this now, please let me know how to do this.

Hi MikeK13,

Thank you for the post. This is what we used to do but has been re-designed in new version 11. Your suggestion has been submitted to our product team for consideration with feature request PHANTOM-15718. I will keep you informed if the function is available in later update.

Comment

Working...
    X