No announcement yet.

Continued updates to PhantomPDF 10.xxx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued updates to PhantomPDF 10.xxx?

I would like to know if there are going to be continuing updates to PhantomPDF 10.xxx? The point of my question is this:

I purchased PhantomPDF on 2021-04-04, at 10.1.3, with the understanding that I would be eligible for point updates, that is 10.1.4... and also 10.2, 10.3 and so on.

Just six weeks later, 2021-05-25, a differently-named product, Foxit PDF Editor appears, seemingly obsoleting the product line I had just purchased, and even if there is intended to be continuity, the version number has jumped to 11.0.

Version 9.x lasted from 9.0 in 2017-11-01 through 9.7 in 2020-08-31. Version 10 lasted only one year, and advanced only from 10.0 to 10.1.4, so a bit of an abrupt end compared to history.

Now, I'm assuming that it was known by Foxit on 2021-04-04 that a whole new product name and integer rev was imminent, so if this spelled the end of the 10.x line, it was pretty disingenuous to be offering free updates to 10.2, 10.3 etc in April. Obviously if I had known that an 11.0 was imminent I would have waited for it.

Anyhow, if perhaps 10.x is continuing in some form, OK, I'm interested in that.

If, however, PhantomPDF and 10.x is finished, then I'd like to hear whether Foxit would be willing to update my license to 11.x, considering I only just purchased 10.x based on the idea that there was a reasonable expectations of further point releases to come.

(Including some prospect of getting this issue fixed that I posted about while testing PhantomPDF pre-purchase: https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/for...ge2#post181935 )

Thanks. Graham
    Last edited by gwideman; 06-15-2021, 04:27 AM.

gwideman In general, we only address bugs (including application usage bugs and security vulnerabilities) and add new features to the latest major release version.
    For the N-1 version (let's say the latest version is N),we only fix security
    vulnerabilities for it.
    Concerning your license situation,I have emailed you to further discuss it. Please help to check your inbox and let us keep on follow up on it in the email.

Comment

Lisa_lee I’m in the same boat can you give me a solution so I can upgrade. Otherwise I have to buy from other company since I thought I could keep using PhantomPDF

Comment

Originally posted by xavierbaez View Post
        Lisa_lee I’m in the same boat can you give me a solution so I can upgrade. Otherwise I have to buy from other company since I thought I could keep using PhantomPDF
        Do you wish to pay for upgrade to use new version 12.0? Would you mind submitting a ticket from Create ticket to note down your request so we can further help, thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X