Foxit crashes when I use Typewriter tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Foxit crashes when I use Typewriter tool

As the title suggests, whenever I use the typewriter tool Foxit becomes completely unresponsive and just closes itself down. This happens in version 8312 but I have updated to 975 and the problem still persists. Fresh install and also deleted the regedit and that hasn't resolved it.

Please advise?

Thanks

tcptracer
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software!
    Regarding the situation you encountered, would you mind provide me some more detailed descriptions for investigating?
    1. Specific version details under Help->About Foxit PDF Editor.
    2. Is it for all files or just some particular file?
    3. Please find the log file for me by following steps:
    a. Please unzip the attachment, you will get files 'GetFoxitDump.bat' and 'procdump.exe', please keep them in the same folder.
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...11andabove.zip
    b. Try to reproduce the issue, when Foxit getting no response, double click on GetFoxitDump.bat immediately, then you will get dmp file in the same folder, like FoxitPDFReader_190904_173252.dmp.
    c. If there is no dmp file created, please try step2 again until dmp file is created.
    Also for more information, you can submit a support ticket here and put Roy in attention, thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Roy_Chen

Thank you for the reply! Currently, this happens for all PDF 's I open! I will try the steps you have provided and update you when I can.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Roy_Chen

No matter when or how many times I try, I am unable to receive a log file when the program crashes. Tried uses admin rights but nothing seems to work.

The problem seemed to go away for a few days but now it has just come back! Currently using FoxitPhantomPDF version 975

Comment

tcptracer
          If you were still using version 9.7.5, what I suggest is to upgrade to v10 or v11 to see if it helps, cuz v9 is an early product which had been out of maintenance for now.
          Here is a link for v11:http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/phantomPDF/desktop/win/11.0.0/FoxitEditor110_enu_Setup.msi

Comment

This issue only seems to be isolated to a specific user though and will that still work with the 9.7.5 licence?
            Last edited by tcptracer; 06-29-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

tcptracer You may also suggest your user to perform a fresh installation by doing the following since sometimes reinstallation may help to fix some unexpected issue:
              1)Please make sure you've closed all Foxit PhantomPDF related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF;
              Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0;
              2) Download a newest version of PhantomPDF 9.7.5 from the link below´╝Ü
              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.exe
              and install it.
              If the issue still persists,please help to try out the version 11:
              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
              If everything goes well in version 11,please help to send us your existing license information to the support team, then support team will locate to your order before further give you the answer about if you could upgrade to version 11 for free or need to purchase upgrade.
              To contact with Foxit Support team,please click here to submit a ticket.

Comment

Hello, I am having the same problem with Foxit PDF Editor Pro V 11.0.0. It crashes every time I use the typewriter function. Windows 10

Comment

AIGO Sorry for the trouble. Could you please kindly perform a fresh re-installation as following and try again
                  1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit PDF Editor related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit PDF Editor;
                  Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit PDF Editor 11.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit PDF Editor 11.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit PDF Editor 11.0;
                  2) Install the latest version 11.0 of Foxit PDF Editor. Please download the installer from the link below:
                  http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.exe

Finally, please give the new installation a try and let us know the result. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X