PDF Editor - Initial View Fit Width Causes PDF to Open to Wrong Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug PDF Editor - Initial View Fit Width Causes PDF to Open to Wrong Page

This is an odd one. Using Foxit PDF Editor Pro 11.0.0.49893. Under Properties / Initial View / Magnification, if the setting is Fit Width, the PDF opens to the wrong page, not the page defined in the Initial View settings. More specifically, if a PDF is 42 pages or less in size, the Fit Width setting causes the PDF to open to the last page of the document. If the PDF is 43 pages in size or greater, it will always open to page 43. If the Magnification setting is changed to anything other than Fit Width, the PDF opens to the page defined in the Initial View settings.

Hi, just to say that when I tried to reproduct this I found that indeed it's not opening the set page, but I'm not ending on page 43 when a pdf is over 43 pages.
    I also have this bug despite setting Fit Width or default, tried with page 3 (opened to page 4), 42 and 43 -> page 1

Comment

Thanks for confirming, Macallows! I never tried setting my Open to page option to anything other than 1. I see now that it does affect where the PDF opens, shifting it to a seemingly random page, although never to page 1.

Comment

Macallows We apologize for the trouble. This situation you mentioned is a known issue that has been reported to our QA team already with report ID#QCPHANTOM-27974.We will keep you informed again once it is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          Macallows We apologize for the trouble. This situation you mentioned is a known issue that has been reported to our QA team already with report ID#QCPHANTOM-27974.We will keep you informed again once it is fixed.
          Hi, thanks but that is Muffle's topic, I just want to make sure that the specific problem he/she reported has been taken into account.

Comment

Macallows
            Yes, also got updates from engineering team about this bug process below:
            Since we can fully reproduce this issue and already add it to the next cycle project, so far we are planning to release this bug patch in next major update v12.

Comment

v12? How far away is that release? This is a bug that affects my users every single day, as they frequently use the Fit Width setting. I'd hate to think we'll have to wait months for it to be patched. Can it not be rolled into your next v11 patch?

Comment

Muffle
                We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, it's just a scheduled date and it depends as well, so it might release with a small patch instead of a major update, but anyway, will update it ASAP here, appreciate your time.

Comment

Working...
                X