Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Context Menus Broken After Upgrade to Version 11 (Pro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Windows Context Menus Broken After Upgrade to Version 11 (Pro)

After installing PhantomPDF 9/10 for Business, I received context menus for converting PDF files that I used many times a day. "Edit with Foxit PhantomPDF", and "Combine files in Foxit PhantomPDF" were the two that I used the most. However, those menu options broke recently when I upgraded to Foxit PDF Editor 11 Pro. Nothing happens when I click on the context menu options anymore. It just brings up the C:\ folder.

Basically, when I upgraded from Foxit PhantomPDF 10 for Business to Foxit PDF Editor 11 Pro, it broke my Windows context menus for Foxit PDFs. When I click on "Convert to PDF in Foxit PhantomPDF" it just opens the folder for the "C:" drive. However, installing/upgrading to Foxit PDF Editor 11 Pro did not replace the context menus with new ones that say "Convert to PDF in Foxit PDF Editor". The context menus still say PhantomPDF and lead nowhere.

What should I do to get them working again?

PioneerJared
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, would you mind provide me some screenshots of this issue?

Comment

I can't upload images to the forums right now for some reason. I actually don't even have access to my own user profile even though I am logged into it and can make posts. If I click on my own username it just says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".

The problem is exactly as I described it above though. Right clicking a word document on the desktop and clicking "Convert to PDF in Foxit PhantomPDF" doesn't actually start the conversion or open Foxit PDF Editor. It just opens ThisPC to the C:\ folder and that's it.

Comment

PioneerJared ,We will filter your account into a new group tomorrow, then you will be able to upload attachments in the forum.
        Concerning the issue you mentioned, please help confirm the following questions´╝Ü
        1.Firstly, please check you already have activated your Foxit PDF Editor successfully? Please click on the "Help" tab in Foxit PDF Editor>"About Foxit PDF Editor" to check its license information.
        2.Check if the ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll exists in the "plugins" folder under the main installation folder of your Foxit PDF Editor, somewhere like:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\plugins
        If it is not there, please help to reinstall the Foxit PDF Editor again and make sure to install the creator component in the installation wizard.
        3.If it exists, but still does not display the right-click menu, try to re-register the dll by doing the following:
        a. Right-click on Windows Start, choose Command Prompt (Admin)
        b.In the command line, input
        regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\plugins\ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll", press Enter.
        regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\plugins\ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll", press Enter.
        You will see a success message displayed on the screen if the registration succeeded. Then please try to right-click on the non-PDF file again in your windows explorer to see the option "Convert to PDF in Foxit PDF Editor" will appear again?

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

1. Yes, the product is activated successfully.
          2. It does exist in the folder.
          3. Not my issue. The menu option to convert to PDF has always been present in the right-click menu. The problem is that is that it didn't do anything when I clicked on it.

It looks like since I made the post there was an update. The right-click options no longer say "PhantomPDF" they correctly say "Foxit PDF Editor". Foxit PDF Editor 11 Pro keeps crashing every time I try to convert a file to a PDF now though.

Edit: I still don't have access to my own user profile and still cannot upload screenshots.

Comment

PioneerJared
            So at the context menu, there are "Convert to PDF in Foxit PhantomPDF" and "Convert to PDF in Foxit PDF Editor" options together, and when you click the "Convert to PDF in Foxit PhantomPDF" , the system leads you to folder "C" Drive, if so, please open the Registry Editor, navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache , check the value data of C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\FoxitPDFEditor.exe&C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\FoxitPDFEditor.exe.FriendlyAppName, change it back to Foxit PDF Editor 11.0 when you see the data is Foxit Phantom PDF, see my attachment below.
            Also, you can upload any file from Here so we can follow up with it, thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X