Why did you remove Fill & Sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you remove Fill & Sign?

FoxitPDF Editor updated this morning and now Fill & Sign is gone. I use this daily to place an image of my signature on PDFs. I don't want to use Foxit eSign.
    Please stop removing features and screwing up your users workflows. I have tried to customize the ribbon, look under All Commands, and Fill & Sign is not there for me to add back.

I found a semi-workaround. You have to add "Signature List" to the ribbon. However, it used to show both my signature and initials that I uploaded separately. Now it only shows one at a time. To chose the one you want, you have to Manage Signatures, then set to default the one you want. Want the other signature? You have to go back to Manage Signatures. This update is a mess.

Comment

asdnou4 ,We have integrated Foxit eSign into Foxit PDF Editor since V11.2. So when you click on "Protect">"Foxit eSign" , it will direct you to use Foxit eSign by default. To Switch to ink sign (Formerly known as Foxit Fill&Sign), please click on "Switch to Ink Sign" button after you have entered into the Foxit eSign tab.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	185989

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	185990
      If you don't want to use Foxit eSign feature recently and just needs the "Fill&Sign" feature for adding image-based signature in PDF file,you may also choose to disable the Foxit eSign service by going to "File"tab>"Preferences">"PDF Sign",please check the option "Disable Foxit eSign service",click on"OK" to save the setting.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	185991
      Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lisa_lee; 11-20-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asdnou4 View Post
        I found a semi-workaround. You have to add "Signature List" to the ribbon. However, it used to show both my signature and initials that I uploaded separately. Now it only shows one at a time. To chose the one you want, you have to Manage Signatures, then set to default the one you want. Want the other signature? You have to go back to Manage Signatures. This update is a mess.
        asdnou4 ,We apologize for the inconvenience brought to you by the new designed Foxit ink sign feature(formerly known as Fill&Sign) in V11.2.I have submitted your feedback to our product management team for their perusal with report ID#PHANTOM-16420,hope they will design a more convenient Foxit ink sign working mechanism in future versions.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Comment

This is really disappointing, one would have hoped Foxit would have learned from the Formatting Tab debacle earlier this year.

We understand the need to add features & functionality to the product, but doing so at the expense of breaking long-standing existing workflows is making customers unhappy.

Corporate customers need a way to disable this during installation, or at worst via the registry. Ideally this should be included in the release notes. We're not going around to all of our users individually ticking a box in settings to make this go away.

Comment

EddieC

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your suggestion to our PM team, they will consider it in future version, for the release notes, may I suggest you refer to Version History to get it?
            https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html

Thanks again for choosing Foxit as your pdf solution.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieC View Post
              This is really disappointing, one would have hoped Foxit would have learned from the Formatting Tab debacle earlier this year.

We understand the need to add features & functionality to the product, but doing so at the expense of breaking long-standing existing workflows is making customers unhappy.

Corporate customers need a way to disable this during installation, or at worst via the registry. Ideally this should be included in the release notes. We're not going around to all of our users individually ticking a box in settings to make this go away.
              same here, we need this functionality back the way it was in 11.1 - i have users requesting i remove the upgrade

Comment

Jame_s I totally understand the situation and very sorry about it. Your feedback was submitted to our team for checking by ID#PHANTOM-16420. Can you please use above workaround to solve the issue? thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X