Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not remove or change security from password protected pdf after unlocking it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Can not remove or change security from password protected pdf after unlocking it

Hi,
    I have opened a password protected pdf in Foxit PDF Editor after providing the pdf's required password. I do not know how the password was set up initially.
    I am now trying to remove this password but the the pdf editor does grey out all options to remove/change the security embedded in the pdf.

Does this imply that foxit can not access a pdf's security settings even if password has been provided to unlock?

Click image for larger version

Name:	foxit.png
Views:	1615
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	187520 Click image for larger version

Name:	foxit2.png
Views:	1593
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	187522

Attached Files

Hello,
    Thank you for your support. Which version of Editor do you use? Would you please go to Help> About Foxit PDF Editor to check it. Is the password you have to open and view the pdf file or it can let you edit the pdf file? Or maybe the pdf file is a PDF/A format, is there any bubble message on the top right corner of your file as the screenshot shows?When a PDF/A compliant document is opened, a bubble message appears at the top right corner of the document area shown as below. Click on Enable Editing, accept the change by clicking on Yes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfa.png
Views:	1485
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	187542
    If it still doesn't help,would you mind send the pdf to us for our reference at this link?

https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket.html?isReturn=1

Comment

Working...
    X