Upgrade Policy Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Policy Change

Just a short rant/opinion, and I realize that Foxit is not going to change anything simply because I disagree with its policy. But, with that said, eliminating all upgrade discounts for those who have older versions of the editor removes any incentive for me to stay with Foxit. If I have to pay full price, I may as well pay full price for another pdf editor since Foxit does not seem to want to keep me as a customer. Rant over.

Mmnnn!
    I've been looking all over the Foxit site for the cost of upgrading from Version11 to the new version 12 and not found anything... So I guess I'm in the same boat.

Shame really, as most of the other bought and licenced software I use, has a discount when I upgrade it.

One thing for sure here... No discount, no upgrade. :-(

A comment from Foxit would clarify matters... One way or another.
    Arturox

Comment

Here is a link to their upgrade policy: Upgrading to Version 12 of Foxit PDF Editor – Help Center | Foxit Software
      No one gets an upgrade unless you're on their maintenance plan.
      I don't believe they care about individual users as they seem to be focusing on the corporate marker.
      I still have v9 and I'm not upgrading without a good discount.
      I'm now looking at: Nitro PDF Pro, PDFelement, PDF Complete Office Edition, PDF Complete.
      Software companies always seem to forget that there are always alternatives, and that keeping users is a lot easier than getting new customers.

Comment

arturox Would you please help to send the key code or the order number to me at this link:

https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket.html?isReturn=1

I will check if you purchased the upgrade assurance. Thank you!

Comment

BigDog Sorry for the inconvenience we caused.
          Foxit PDF Editor 12 has been enhanced greatly with many new features, capabilities, and security upgrades. Therefore, Foxit wanted to change the upgrade policy based on its current market value. Foxit PDF Editor still remains a terrific value and still provides everything you need in Acrobat at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

BigDog. Thanks for the link to their upgrade policy, most interesting.

celine_lin0720. As I have/had no idea what an "Upgrade assurance" is, I would not have purchased it. (I obviously do know now).

I'm not denying it is a most excellent app, but a discount for upgraders not only encourages them to upgrade regularly, but is seen as a reward for their loyalty. :-)

Loyal customers return again and again...
            Arturox

Comment

Maybe Foxit should have fixed a big BUG in version 11 before moving on to version 12.

See... "Foxit PDF Editor trampling on my Win settings" Yes, aware of the user applied manual fix. :-)

Ax

Comment

Celine wrote " still provides everything you need in Acrobat at a fraction of the cost." Very true, if you are only comparing it to Acrobat. However, many other companies also provide what a consumer needs at less cost and without the upgrade limitations. Foxit is no longer competing against just Acrobat, but against a myriad of other companies with PDF software. As I said before "Software companies always seem to forget that there are always alternatives, and that keeping users is a lot easier than getting new customers."

BTW, Foxit subscription is $149/yr. and Acrobat is $179/yr. Not that much difference. Certainly not a fraction of the cost.
                Last edited by BigDog; 07-25-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

BigDog
                  I would feel the same in your situation, so we are still collecting feedback from customers to evaluate our market strategy, if there is anything new, will update here and let you know. Apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.

Comment

Working...
                  X