PDFs in IE and Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug PDFs in IE and Tabs

Just a couple of annoyances. When opening a pdf in IE, all the toolbars line up along the left margin so you can't even read the pdf. If you click reading mode, most of the toolbars disappear except two. You still have to manually close them for each pdf you open in that session, say when reading an online newspaper. PDFs open correctly in Firefox.

If you open many pdfs in Phantom, they line up in tabs across the top, which I love. The only problem is if you have 11 open tabs/pdfs, there is no way to go back to the first one. Only about 7 open tabs/pdfs are visible, then you can't get to the others. You need to include an arrow to go back to the other open pdfs or should be able to use the left/right arrow to go backward/forward.

Thanks otherwise for a great product!

Hi Barbid,

For the mentioned "When opening a pdf in IE, all the toolbars line up along the left margin so you can't even read the pdf. If you click reading mode, most of the toolbars disappear except two. You still have to manually close them for each pdf you open in that session, say when reading an online newspaper", may I get screenshots that showing the problem so I could know the issue intuitively? What is the version info of your IE browser?

When multiple PDF documents being opened in tabs, you can click on the drop down button at the right border to switch between different PDF documents.

Comment

I am experiencing an issue on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine, where trying to open a PDF document in a browser - it prompts to download the document instead of opening - has anyone else seen this isssue and if there is a fix?

Many Thanks!!

ebuzz

Comment

Hi ebuzz,

Please open your PhantomPDF->go to 'Tools'->'Preferences'->'File Associations' to check if you've ticked the option 'Display PDF in Browser'.

Comment

Working...
        X